cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi Connection issue for wireless printer/laptop conflict

McParland57
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

This is a new one on me.

My wireless printer (Epson ET2826) is 18 inches away from the router – nothing in between. However, it will only connect to the router automatically when my work's laptop is not connected via wifi to the router.

If I'm working (on work's laptop) when I turn on the printer it won’t connect automatically. Won't even see the Network SSID!  Sometimes it will connect if I “force” it using WPS.  Sometimes not even then.

I suspect that the router isn’t configured correctly when it assigns an IP address to the work laptop, but really have no idea.

There are no issues when my personal laptop is connected to the Router.

-----
I've been to a post-punk, postcard fair.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Ok thanks. I can send another router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

McParland57
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Chris

Its a Talk Talk Wifi Hub DG8041W, EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway with version v1.06t firmware.

Only had the printer for 15 months and had issues with it since day one. 

And several calls to the Epson Helpdesk to "fix" it which are basically a factory reset/update firmware - with no luck.

I only put 2 + 2 together and realised what the cause was last week.  As i'd been in the office every day and my wife remarked how the printer was connecting and working fine.

Low and behold,  when I was at home, I switched on my laptop and then the printer only to find it wouldn't connect.

-----
I've been to a post-punk, postcard fair.
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi McParland57,

Which router do you have? Has this worked in the past, is it a recent problem?

Chris

0 Likes