cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi Problems

Nobag
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

Hi, I am having problems with the 2.4 Wi-Fi constantly dropping off, the 5g Wi-Fi is rock solid.

I have some Wi-Fi plugs and sensors that are 2.4 only, so this is causing connection problems.

I have tried different channels and different wireless protocols with no luck. are there any router settings that will make the 2.4 Wi-Fi stable. The router is a DG8041W TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t .

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

Hello

Thanks for the reply, Please find attached some screen shots. I had trouble attaching the pictures so had to zip them.

My ssid is TALKTALKBEEC69

Hope this is what you required.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 25

The guide is mainly on how to use different analysers & take screenshots from them. However, there is no point in reinventing the wheel. Please can you send me screenshots of the various views? The views I need to see are (terminology may vary from analyser to analyser):-

• AP view, please make sure that all of your SSIDs are visible in this window.

• Channels 2.4 GHz – please ensure that the network in question is highlighted in the AP view first.
  • Channels 5 GHz – please ensure that the network in question is highlighted in the AP view first.
  • Signal Strength/Time graph– please ensure that the network in question is highlighted in the AP view first. Let this run for 5 mins before taking the screenshot.

I will need to know which network name(s) (SSID) is/are your one(s).

To include the screenshots for me, please insert them all via the “Photos” icon on the editor's toolbar of your reply, in a mobile browser it is the “Picture” icon. Please ensure that the Size parameter in this facility is set to Large.

Alternatively, you can PM me, if you do, please can you also provide a link in there to your thread, to help me find it more easily. When I see your screenshots, I made need some others depending on what the first set of them show.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 23 of 25

Thanks for the reply, I have done a scan with a Wi-Fi analyser on my phone and next door are using 5g. I would be interested in your guide to see if things can be improved.

Thanks again.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 25

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes