cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi hub noblonger connecting to devices

ethanfoster
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi all, 

My WiFi hub stopped connected to devices yesterday and today I've spent the last 3 hours trying to fix it. 

I've done the usual turn off and on again. Unplug leave for a while and try again, rest button on the back of the hub, it won't recognise on a wired ethernet connection and no longer displays over WiFi and when it did it still didn't let me connect. 

I fear the hub hasn't given up on me now although still displays the light. 

It also makes a very slight clicking noise if you get close to it. 

I've been on hold waiting for someone to answer the phone from technical support right now for 35mins and thought I'd try this way also.

Hopefully someone from tech support can help. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Ethan

Thanks for your reply.

As it's FTTP you would need to contact our Future Fibre Team, apologies for this.

If you click on the chat now button on the bottom of this help page then they will be able to help.

FUTURE FIBRE

0 Likes

ethanfoster
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi Debbie, 

I think I've done that now - I am a FTTP customer with no landline so I've added what my account says is my.telephone number. 

I did manage to speak to someone yesterday on the phone who said someone will come out today but i never received any confirmation of this so I'm unsure what is happening. 

All I do know is still have no Internet and its driving me insane as my house is run off the Internet (tvs, plugs, lights! Ahhhhh) haha. 

Thank you and have a lovely day, 

Ethan 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Ethan

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @ethanfoster,

If both Ethernet and wireless connections are not working, and a factory reset (by holding in the reset button for over 10 seconds) has not fixed it, then the router may well have developed a fault.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.