cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Won’t connect to printer!!!

Message 11 of 11

Hello, 

I run a small business from home so need this sorted asap ideally. I bought a new printer and it will not connect through DNS settings. I called Epson and they said it is a router problem, and my router settings need to be adjusted in order to allow the printer to connect to the rest of the network. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

To be honest I don't know what setting they are talking about. You could try resetting the router to factory default settings - Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

@Chris-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk I have spoken to Epson again who have said it’s a router problem and the settings need to be enabled for ET-2860 on your end. It’s something to do with the DNS connection security as it ‘cannot be verified’ 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

So you've not had a working printer on your home network?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

@Chris-TalkTalk yes, this is actually my second printer as the last one had the same problem! Got rid of it because I assumed it was a printer fault, but this printer is a whole different brand. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Rishaintimeperrett,

Did you have a printer before the new one? If you did, did it work OK?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

@Michelle-TalkTalk  it says the security of the IP address of the router cannot be verified. The ip address is the same as showing on the back of my router. I have tried through my phone and computer and it says failed each time. I spoke to Epson and they said something needs to be enabled your end to allow it to connect to DNS settings. 

I have updated my profile information 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hello,

Has this printer previously been able to connect ok to this router? What happens when you try to connect, do you see any specific error messages? Have you tried re-setting the router and setting it back up again?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

@Michelle-TalkTalk  It is Sagemcom-FAST5364

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Which router are you using please? (make and model)

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes