cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Work VPN blocked by router

wilburcat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 51

Hello, my router is blocking the VPN from my new workplace. This means I can't work from home (nightmare!) I've checked computer in other places, and hotspot from my phone - it works fine. So it is definitely the TalkTalk router.

I tried helpdesk, but they didn't understand my problem. I see here others have had this problem and it has been fixed for them so hoping you can do the same for me. 

0 Likes
50 REPLIES 50

Message 41 of 51

Microsoft Direct Access. No error as such, just stuck at "connecting". I tested on another network (my phone hotspot) and it worked straight away.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 51

Hi again,

Thanks for trying this. What happens when you try to connect to the VPN? Do you see a specific error message? Which VPN client are you using?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 43 of 51

I've just completed the factory reset according to the link above. It didn't work, unfortunately. 

Is there something else I can try?

0 Likes

Message 45 of 51

I turned it off, waited a minute then turned it back on again. Can I do more than that?

0 Likes

Message 46 of 51

Hello,

Thank you. We've checked and the router currently has the most recent version of firmware which should work fine with VPN. Have you tried factory resetting the router and then re-setting the router back up again?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 47 of 51

Thanks Debbie, I have just sent you a DM. I wasn't sure which of the many numbers was the serial number,  but have sent you my best guess!

Message 48 of 51

Hi wilburcat

Apologies, I'm unable to locate your details.

Please can you send me a Private Message with the serial number from the back of your router.

Thanks

Debbie

wilburcat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 51

Thanks for your reply - I have now updated my information

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 50 of 51

Good afternoon,

Which router are you using please? (make and model)

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle