cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

XBOX Live not working

pixcellator
Team Player
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

I have spent the whole of yesterday evening and some of today  troubleshooting. Tried to call customer support today - of course the phone lines were "too busy" and recommended I call back "in a couple of hours". 

I am convinced there is an issue with a recent firmware update or other upstream change on my broadband service which is preventing Xbox Live from functioning.

Everything was working fine until last week and now all of this week I have been unable to use Xbox Live. I have removed and reset routers and devices, meticulously added and removed firewall ports until I finally saw the Teredo service on port 3074 appear under UPnP - yet it is still not working. Neither my Xbox Series S nor my Xbox 360 can communicate with Xbox Live any longer, both were working previously.

Today I tried using the Xbox on my mobile hotspot and of course it started working straight away. When I came back a couple of hours later and tried the hotspot I had the same issue I now have on TalkTalk, so I pretty much KNOW this is being caused by the ISP.

Unfortunately you don't provide access to the latest or historical router firmware or any roll back options, so I'm unable to test that and see if it resolves. Can you roll back my firmware or whatever you have to do to get my Xbox Live working again?

I can see that this question has been asked multiple times before with no solution and I'm now slightly past cheesed off, so allow me to be abundantly clear - if this is not resolved on or before Monday I will be cancelling immediately without your permission - contract or no contract.

Thank you.

Router:  TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub version SG4K100136

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 27

@pixcellator Have you seen my previous post?

0 Likes

Message 22 of 27

@martswain 

// staff support will not be available until Monday //

And whose problem is that? It isn't my problem that no weekend support is provided and that the phone lines are full, is it? That isn't the fault of anyone who works here on the forum of course, but its a fact.

// when they will work through all the topics from the weekend //

Thats fine, I know they will

// so throwing your toys out of the pram on Monday will not get you any help here //

If it doesn't then I will be looking elsewhere. You're assuming that I have no prior dealings with TalkTalk - I do, I have and I told them when I signed up that I had an issue with their support and service last time I was subscribed. ALL contracts are conditional and predicated upon the service being fit for purpose. 

// You also said

"Today I tried using the Xbox on my mobile hotspot and of course it started working straight away. When I came back a couple of hours later and tried the hotspot I had the same issue I now have on TalkTalk, so I pretty much KNOW this is being caused by the ISP." //

The reason I highlighted this is for the reason stated - the issue was a tightening of my NAT settings fro. OPEN to MODERATE/STRICT - this can happen when ISP's have settings in place such as Homesafe, etc. 

I am simply trying to provide the information because it is relevant - interpretation is another issue.

// So unless that hotspot is from TalkTalk Mobile, there are obviously other issues that are NOT ISP related. //

I beg to differ - the fact it worked without issue and then was locked down  after disconnection indicates to me that the mobile ISP has implemented a lock - this is very common.

// If you cancel you'll be liable for early termination charges and if you just stop paying, add extra charges for doing so. //

They can try and charge me whatever they like. Contracts are conditional.

// If you manage to change ISPs and have a debt to TT, they could report that to CRAs and have been known to sell debts to recovery companies. //

Who I will subsequently ignore. I'm not new to dealing with utility companies who think they can do whatever they like, but thank you for your concern.

As I said, these issues with Xbox and VPN have been reported recently and other people are linking it to a firmware update. Since TalkTalk do not provide information or notifications on the status of upgrades and so on, that is also not my problem - but it is a fact they know about this issue and haven't fixed it. Majority of people will not use this forum, they have probably been on the phone waiting for an hour or so. I have no intention of being messed around. I spent the last 10 days or so blaming my game provider and Microsoft. Now I know it is TalkTalk who are to blame and I'm MIFFED.

They gather data on devices, so they can find out who has an Xbox and fix it, or reach out or something.

I am reasonable, but I have every right to be annoyed at the same time.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 27

OK, is it still not working on your TalkTalk connection, while it is on your mobile hotspot? Have you tried resetting the Xbox?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 27

Hi ferguson. Thanks for the response. Unfortunately as I mentioned this has been the case for more than a week. The fact I  could use my mobile hotspot and it worked straight away whereas it hadn't been working on TalkTalk is what I was trying to highlight.

They have 100% broken something, its being reported and they've done nothing about it.

Thanks tho

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 27

@pixcellator There were widespread outages with Xbox reported yesterday as a quick Google will show, other search engines are available. From what I can see these have been fixed now, have you tested again since posting? 

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 27

@pixcellator  staff support will not be available until Monday, when they will work through all the topics from the weekend, so throwing your toys out of the pram on Monday will not get you any help here.

You also said

"Today I tried using the Xbox on my mobile hotspot and of course it started working straight away. When I came back a couple of hours later and tried the hotspot I had the same issue I now have on TalkTalk, so I pretty much KNOW this is being caused by the ISP."

So unless that hotspot is from TalkTalk Mobile, there are obviously other issues that are NOT ISP related.

If you cancel you'll be liable for early termination charges and if you just stop paying, add extra charges for doing so.

If you manage to change ISPs and have a debt to TT, they could report that to CRAs and have been known to sell debts to recovery companies.

0 Likes