cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

dropping connection

edallen
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

hi,

this past week the connection has been dropping and today (friday 22/4) the connection dropped several times throughout the day meaning that i was consistently losing the vpn connection needed to do my work at home. i am now having to use my mobile data to connect to the internet which i should not be doing so. 

I have the ms 5c openteach mk4 fibre 160 which i was told was meant to be more stable.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi edallen,

I've ordered a replacement router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Thanks

Chris

Message 2 of 9

Hi,

That would be great, thanks

Message 3 of 9

Hi edallen

Would you like me to send another router so we can rule this out?

Message 4 of 9

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

no, it is the same router before the upgrade, the engineer that did the work just used the old one and the new one was sent back has he said they are same router.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi edallen

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear but I can see re connections on the line.

Have we recently sent you a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

The Support Team on this community probably won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the Support Team here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

Message 7 of 9

the internet goes off the dsl and lan flash when the connection is drop hence my post. came home at 11pm and in 40 minutes it dropped at least 6 times, with the connection lasting only minutes, this keeps happening i am not able to work properly and cannot go to the office due to construction work.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @edallen,

Are the lights on your modem / router indicating that the connection to the internet is being lost, or do the lights carry on looking normal.

Do you know if you have the g.fast service, or the full fibre service ? (I'm guessing you have g.fast if you are connected via a 5C master socket).

The Support Team here probably won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.