cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

elderly lady friend has been unable to log into her account ! and was Blocked

silverwill
Wise Owl
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

My friend`s account was blocked 2 days ago, talktalk was informed , but was totally unable to help in any way and told her she "Can no longer use her Talktalk  account !  due to security ??? " and she must create a new account using some other Domain , thus loosing every item she has in her T/T account.

This is a disgraceful way to treat a long term user with T/T ,  during her contact with telephone conversations with T/T ( use the term conversation s very loosely,

as she had little or no idea what T/T agent was saying ( I must admit that I listened in to the conversations and I could not believe the instructions ? nor make any sense about them, call it language problems ? the next agent was using a line that was breaking up continually.

All in all she more or less has nowhere else to look into the problems, as she has no means of contacting T/T as she is still Blocked !

PS the only thing she understood was that she must give her NEW domain details to allow T/T to collect the monthly payments !!!!

I doubt if she will even bother finding one, as she has a serious illness and is not supposed to get STRESSED !

Sorry I am laying this on your doorstep, but hope you can help her  re this problem ( caused by stress and entering wrong passwords .

Thanks guys

Will

wullseas
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 2 of 9

Hi Arne 

A  huge  big "THANK YOU" to you from my lady friend, for solving her being blocked, and  enabling her ability to use her normal TalkTalk email  addresses  again since last Friday ! and releasing her from the task of having to change all her her stored email addresses eg, Dr, Hospital, bank, all too numerous to mention.

Also many thanks from me for your intervention in solving it.

Cheers !

wiullseas

wullseas

Message 4 of 9

Arne Hi

Thank you for your quick  response to my posts.

As for it being implemented , I  must wait for her to try the link .Sounds like a very quick and simple solution.

I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks again.

wullseas

wullseas
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

HI silverwill

Just to clarify the email addresses are still active and will be able to be used, once the password has been reset via our webmail link https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/,  We do recommend registering for My Account using a non-TalkTalk email address. 

Really sorry for any inconvenience caused

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

Staff will reply during the week. It's best not to post further before getting a response, to keep your thread moving forward in the workflow queue. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

silverwill
Wise Owl
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Thank you very much for your reply .

My friend can no longer use either Email or My Account. 

Since this has started she has spoken to helpline agents by telephone 5/6 times , and got a very poor response, ie not very convincing or clear answers , but eventually she was told to try again later, with no avail.

Then was told due to problems with the system ? to leave it alone for 12 hours or so and they would have it sorted out and unblock her.

She left it overnight, and tried first thing on Sat morning and again ! no access and on calling the help line all she got was a load of waffle that made no sense , ending up with them telling her she Can never use talktalk.net again ! but to try elsewhere.

Not good enough treatment !

silverwill Thank you

wullseas
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Staff are not on here before Monday, @silverwill.

Please clarify: is it her My Account that she can't access? 

Or email access, or both?

You must add details of your friend's name, address, landline number,  account number and a fallback phone number in Private Notes. 

This is at the end of the Personal Information area. Go via your avatar/name; settings; SAVE CHANGES. 

Further security checks my be required. 

If your friend could do with support for this sort of thing in future, it might be helpful to get a Nominated User set up:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Nominated-user/ta-p/2205256

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.