cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

how to cancel the broadband service contract

hk_586
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

today i called 3 times to try to cancel my contract. the 1st two times ended up with line disconnected and the 3rd time kept me on the music for over 30 minutes and then no one answered. can i know what i can do to cancel the contract. i have spent over 2 hours in trying to cancel the contract but still failed. i have no way to contact the right party to do the cancellation. frustrated!!!!!

8 REPLIES 8

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

@hk_586, I am just another customer. You are complaining to the wrong person!

How Talktalk functions has nothing to do with the Community Stars  - we don't make up the rules or procedures!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Chat cannot cancel your service, @hk_586.

Any topics can be searched in the forum search engine, including if you put in "contact" or "chat".

So the result would be this one:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

If you can't see the blue Chat button, try another browser / disable adblockers / allow pop ups. 

Full details of opening hours are also listed on that page.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

i am not sure if you have been doing the cancellation process but in order to talk to the right person and do the actual cancellation process took me ages and ages. i have been holding the mobile for around 2 hours listening the wonderful background music and enjoying the final moment line drops for two times.

THE BEST WAY TO KEEP A CUSTOMER IS GOOD SERVICES INSTEAD OF OBSTACLES ON CANCELLATION.

Message 4 of 9

can i know where i can find the online CHAT ? i have been looking hours for it....

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

the first thing i speak to the machine is "cancel contract". i believe the system is so smart to put me through to the right party. am i too stupid to use the talktalk service?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi hk_586,

The loyalty Team are the only ones that can process the cancellation.  If you call, make sure you say you want to cancel to the automated call system to get you to the right place. When connected, before discussing your issue, ask the Agent if you are speaking to the Customer Loyalty Team, to make sure you are at the right place to discuss your cancellation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

There is Chat, but they are not authorised to do cancellations, @hk_586, and nor are forum staff. 

So you do need to actually speak to the LOYALTY team/ retentions department .... 03451 720088 after 9am. 

Make a note of the time and date and note the agent's name. 

It should then be possible to check with staff on here that it is being processed.

hk_586
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

i swear i will not use talktalk service again!!! 

you can never reach the right person when you need help or you need to cancel the contract.

they will never call you back. there's no email, no live chat....just the ever waiting phone line with unhelpful people asking your information again and again. i answered the same questions four times today and result in nothing. waste me 2 hours on the phone and nothing worked out. WTF!!