cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

latest Firmware SG4K100174 causing port forwarding issues

matty_wales70
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

With this  SG4K100174 firmware - port forwarding says "invalid ip address" when the router has been setup to use layer 3 addresses 192.16.0.xxx  - only works if you set router to 192.168.1.xxx

My many static IP addresses prevent me from using the default network - please fix asap - been like this for months!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Matt

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Matt

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Matt

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 14

Thanks Keith - yes  please ask them to send me a new unit. it's worth a shot that I get a different router if not I can just send it back anyways.  

Thanks again for your help

Matt

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

I agree it is a firmware bug, I'll get it to the devices team for their attention. There are some out there with version 4 hardware, as that is the version on my 5364. However, I don't think that TalkTalk can tell which version you will get. I think it is worth me asking for a replacement router on your behalf, otherwise, you will have to wait for the bug to be fixed. Do you want me to do this?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 6 of 14

Thanks for taking the time Keith, After some tests here is what I have found out..

Hard reset makes the subnet mask show up in the INFO screen and with the default subnet 192.168.1.xxx allows me to add port forwarding fine.

As soon as I change routers IP to 0.xxx subnet it shows as below and PF gives that error.

In addition - I have just tried the same thing on my dads router (same as mine, HW and firmware) and does EXACTLY the same thing. This suggests its not just me but more a firmware issue. A new router with the same hardware and firmware will probably just give the same results. Is there any way to get a different hardware version or alternative firmware?  

Unless there is a way to specify the router spec, TT will just probably send me exactly what I have now which is just a waste of time and effort.

Thanks again for your help

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

Why is there no subnet mask shown in Device Info I wonder, you have set it correctly in the LAN IPv4 page? I have just rechecked my 5364 running a network 10 address with the same subnet mask & that displays OK in Device Info.

I think either the router has thrown a wobbly, or is faulty. Can you first try a factory default of the router & if no better I'll ask TalkTalk to replace it for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Cheers keith yea typo - screen shots of config - i did notice the subnet mask asnt showing in the info screen but is correct in the LAN page. Network routing seems fine for internet and local traffic. any help appreciated

info screeninfo screenlan iplan ipport fwdport fwd

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

Thanks for that @matty_wales70. I am sure this is a typo on your part, but 192.16.0.xxx is not a private IP network and as such is an invalid address for the local side of the router.

I regularly run my 5364 with a network 10 address & it port forwards fine. Mine is hardware revision version 4, there are some bugs with V3 running the last few firmware releases, but I have not seen this one mentioned before. I do test each firmware release on different subnets, but only on V4 hardware as that is all I have.

Please can you confirm the address range & if you get any error messages? Please also include a screenshot of your PF rules in question.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi Keith this is my router - cheers

Device Info
Serial NumberHardware VersionSoftware VersionGUI Version
N7181154N004892
FAST5364 3.00
SG4K100174

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

No problem, I'll deal with it later.

Hi @matty_wales70 

Which router are you using, the Sagemcom 5364 or the 5464 and what hardware revision is it?

Keith

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Morning,

@KeithFrench - Is this something that you'd be able to help with please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes