cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

problem checking your service

Ed666
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

for the last few weeks my internet intermittently says it has low connections, (only one device connects at a time). Trying to run a connection test gets the message "problem checking your service". Can't connect to the chat line so have no idea what is going on and as my contract runs out in February this needs sorting 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Ed666,

Can you switch the router and ONT off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Sorry but I have no idea - the contract info I have says "a  TalkTalk Wi-Fi router is included" but does not specify the type and there is no information on the router. Is there somewhere I can check this?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Morning,

Can I just confirm, are you using a Wifi Hub 2 router?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Ed666
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9
Can't run a wired test as I do not have a ethernet cable long enough. On a wifi test the readings varied from a download of 60.6 Mbps to 72.6 Mbps

I am still getting the message 'sorry we had a problem checking your service'  and I still need to regularly re-start my pc and/or laptop whichever I am using at the time  to restore an internet connection. 

On a (maybe) connected issue my phone regularly says I daily have up to 50 missed calls all from unknown numbers of a second or so duration -the 'phone does not ring on any of these. When checking the connection for the 'phone i get the same 'sorry we had a problem checking your service' message

I hope this helps
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi

Can you run a speed test wired (not wifi) and see what speeds you are getting.

You can also use Sam Knows Speedtest  for comparison.

Have you tried turning off all equipment, the router and ONT for 30 minutes as this will clear the session and allow a new session to start.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Help is still required as the connection is getting worse and i am getting an additional message saying i have a low connection. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Ed666

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes