cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

router restarting

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 45 of 45

Hi All,

My router has been restarting several times a day and my speed has dropped right down DL is now 18.2 it was 58.7 my router is a sagemcom fast 5364.

Talktalk sent out a engineer on 11/08/22 he replaced master socket from a NTE5 for a 5c master socket but i am still having the same fault talktalk have done another line test and sent me a text message saying no fault found.

This is what i have tried to fix problem

1) changed cables (fault still there)

2) removed ethernet cables from router (fault still there)

3) replaced tv no longer using talktalk youview box (fault still there)

4) connected to internet with another pc (fault still there)

Can i replace my router with another make ? if so what one ? if not how can i get talktalk to send me another one ?.

I have spoken to the people next door and they told me they had the same trouble so changed to another provider because talktalk could not sort it.

Can anyone advise me how to get this sorted i am fed up of my router restarting while i am online/watching i players,prime video ect.

Dave

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

Message 1 of 45

Hi Dave,

No, I can't see any disconnections over the last few days, everything looks good 🙂

Regarding removing the TV package, if you could chat with customer services team they'll be able to do that for you

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 45

Hi Chris,

I have seen no router restarts since engineer's visit have you seen any ?.

Thank you for sending returns bag i will send my old router back in the next few days.

Can you tell me who i need to contact to cancel the tv part of my package as i no longer use it.

Thank you for your help sorting things out i will let you know if there are any changes.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 3 of 45

That's great news Dave, thank for letting me know

Chris

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 45

Hi Chris,

Just an update on engineer's visit two faults found one on top of pole (loose connection) and another one in juction box halfway down pole.

Speed is now back up i will keep eye on things over the next few days and keep you updated on how things are going.

Thank you for your help hopefully everything will be ok now.

Davepw 

Message 5 of 45

Hi Dave,

I've checked on the Openreach website and it's showing that the appointment is booked for 29/Sep/2022 - AM

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 45

Hi Chris,

I have not had a confirmation text from openreach confirming my appointment which I had last can you confirm they will be here on September 29 2022 AM (8 to 1).

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 7 of 45

Hi Dave,

You can leave either router connected, it's up to you.

You will need to send one of the routers back but I'd keep hold of them both for the time being. I'll arrange to send a returns bag

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 45

Hi Chris,

I just want to ask you a couple of things,

1) Should i reset up my old router before engineer visit on Thursday ?

2) Do i need to send a router back ever old one or new one ? if so can you send me a returns bag.

Thank you for the help you have been giving me so much better than doing online chat.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 9 of 45
0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 45

Hi Chris,

Thank you for doing that i will keep you upto date with results of visit.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 11 of 45

Hi Dave,

I've booked the engineer for September 29 2022, AM (8am-1pm) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 45

OK, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 45

Hi Chris,

ok go ahead and book engineer the days and times i am available are

Tuesday (anytime)

Thursday (anytime)

Friday (afternoon only)

Please let me know date and time asap Thanks.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 14 of 45

Hi Dave,

Line test is now passing but sync speed is dropping and I can see that there have been a lot of disconnections. I think the only way forward is to book an engineer visit and I can book the engineer if you prefer.

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 45

Ok thanks for letting me know Gliwmaeden2.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 45

@Davepw, there isn't staff support at weekends on the forum. I am afraid that it will be Monday+ before you hear back. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 45

Hi Chris,

The router is still restarting when i connect the router to the test socket.

Since i last posted on here i have done a speed test i then got a message saying my speed was below what it should be and that a line test was needed.

After the line test i got a text message and email saying no fault was found i also got a message on my pc saying there was a fault and that i needed to contact the service department  which message is right ?.

I do not want to spend another 2 hours on online chat to do the same test that i done on other chats  2 chats (2 hours each approx.)

Would i be better off booking engineer appointment with you ? what do you advise i have reached the point where i just feel like cutting my loses and get rid of talktalk this is the worse service i have ever had from talktalk i have been with them for years.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 18 of 45

OK thanks Dave 

Chris

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 45

Hi Chris,

Ok I will try connecting router too test socket then get back in contact with you with results.

Davepw

Message 20 of 45

Hi Dave,

All you can really do is connect the router to the test socket. I've just run another line test and it is picking up a potential fault so I think it's unlikely that the engineer visit would be chargeable although I can't rule it out completely

Chris