cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

solid white light on router, no internet, talk talk phone, twitter and chat services useless

AUserName123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I've had no internet connection for 3 days in the ENTIRETY of my home

This is across EVERY single device in my home

Whether the device is WIRED OR WIRELESS

I have spoke to talk talk on the:

PHONE twice

ONLINE CHAT

TWITTER

And have had zero help

Running countless useless tests where they can find no fault and then just leave me with no internet

I have before I even contacted for help and also several times with the "help":

RESET router

UNPLUGGED everything and plugged everything back in

Tried a DIFFERENT router (same issue, lights up, no internet)

Used TEST socket on my BT wall socket

I can "connect" to the internet as the router is available to connect to, however there is no internet connection

TALK TALK are blaming the "website" I am using even though consoles and apps are also not working

I spoke to a BT engineer and he said Talk Talk need to start a session from their end but no one will answer me when I request this

I am quite frankly getting angry with repeating patronising tests and instructions on how to connect to wifi by opening settings on my phone and connecting to the internet like I'm some idiot that's never used a device before

I have no VPN

I have Fibre 65

Sagemcom-FAST5364

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

I have been told it will take 72 hours to "investigate" the charge

I'm not sure what there is to "investigate" this is very clearly not my fault 

As per information on the engineer charges page

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291?_gl=1*tcpy9w*_gcl_au*MTEz...

In order to offer services like engineer visits, we may need to charge you for faults that aren't caused by our network or equipment. -- the fault was caused by talk talk directly

We'll charge you if the engineer was unable to find a fault with your service during your visit -- the fault was found

or the fault was found to be related to a condition inside your premises. -- the fault was talk talk cut our copper line and whoever did it, didn't tell anyone

We won’t charge you if the fault is caused by a TalkTalk router, unless the fault was caused by you damaging or misusing equipment. -- NA was not my router

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

I have re-escalated this for staff attention, @AUserName123.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Update

talk talk have decided to charge me £75 for the engineer call out even though the fault was with them

I have spent over an hour being passed around, repeating myself over and over

3 calls have hung up and another 40 minutes on online chat and the issue was still not resolved

not sure what I am supposed to do if apparently not one single person at talk talk can fix a problem 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Morning,

Thank you for the update and I'm really sorry to hear that.

Michelle

0 Likes

AUserName123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hello, I wasn't able to due to having no internet and my data running out

After 4 days of hour long calls etc an engineer was sent, turns out someone cut our copper line and did not tell us

We have an engineer for 20th August coming to install full fibre so the line was cut a month in advance to this appointment, leaving us with no internet and apparently no one at Talk Talk call centre knew this to tell me...

Our internet is running again, but I have to sort out the correct internet package another time

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes