cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email account restricted to webmail only

Brooksey
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi Team,

My wife's account associated with my former TT account is unable to use anything other than the webmail. It has been like this for a long time.

We would like to be able to use it once again with iPhones and iPads again.

Having read things here I see conflicting advice on what to do. I have added details of my account and my wife's associated details in the personal details of my profile.

We have not been a TT for a while. I am happy to pay towards a service but need to know that we can make this account work properly again.

Thanks for reading.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Brooksey, is the mailbox working normally now?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

@DelphineSJ and @Paulaorr2, this is another customer's thread, and to avoid confusion between accounts it's necessary to start your own thread for support from staff.

You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic.

Also complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. Add your landline number  / account number here.

Any extra information can be put in Private Notes, at the end of that section. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will reply during the day, Monday to Friday, on your individual threads.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

DelphineSJ
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

My husband and I have the same problem. We can only access our tiscali email through the webmail.

We have updated the incoming and outgoing settings on our phones as per instructed on the talk talk website. But it always comes back with an error saying we need to add our password in settings  which we have.

Reading this thread, I understand that our mailbox needs to be restored to normal function. 

Could it please be restored?

Many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

I have the same problem can’t get any emails on my iPhone just webmail 🙁

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Brooksey, you've done what you need to. I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Brooksey
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for the reply. I have verified and corrected the settings (IOS 16, iPhone 12). All I get each time is "No password provided for TalkTalk. Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password.

We can login into webmail ok.

I have checked that the incoming and outgoing settings are as per the guidance article you linked above.

What else should I look at? Is it locked in the back end?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Brooksey, this means that your wife is using insecure settings in the mail client that we no longer support. In order to restore the account to full service I need you to confirm that she's now using the correct. secure settings as found in the Email Settings Help Article. If the settings aren't accepted it means that the mail apps/clients don't support TLS1.2 and those clients are no longer supported by TalkTalk. If she then upgrades to modern apps they'll work without trouble.

Ady

0 Likes