cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails not sending with the app

Dwhite1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

For some reason when using the app my emails sit In the outbox and don’t send 

i have tried deleting the whole

app and reinstalling it and it’s still doing the same. I can receive emails fine .

if I send using the online portal it works and it worked perfectly fine

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Perfect news.

I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Dwhite1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

This has worked thank you for your help

Message 3 of 6

The reason the email app is not sending is that the outgoing mail server must have a Username and Password. The app says they're optional but they are required for Authentication by normal password.

Username is the full talktalk.net email address and Password is the password for that email address. Same password as used to sign in to the mailbox.

Just make that change so it's the same as the Incoming mail server as regards having a Username and Password then you'll be OK.

Dwhite1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

IMG_5571.jpeg

  is this what you mean 

IMG_5572.png

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Good to know that your TalkTalk Mail mailbox is working well via an Internet browser sign in to access the online mailbox. So that proves the mailbox is working and you know the current password.

Which email app are you using? A screenshot of the incoming and outgoing server settings is useful. Image edit to obscure the first part of the email address before uploading here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this Reply area.

Noted that receiving mail is good so it's just the sending issue. Heads up that the outgoing server must be authenticated with the sending email address password and that password must meet minimum security requirements - at least 8 characters of multicase letters and at least one number and one symbol.