cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Pipex Email Stopped Working

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Private Message

Message 31 of 31

I’m having the same problem, spoke to tech support at the beginning of the week and was told my Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software"

and a request will be put in to restore my email. Still nothing working. 

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Hi Sjd-65, as Gondola says we can't interfere with your passwords. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 31

Passwords are strictly for the customer to manage. TalkTalk don't issue passwords of any sort as that would be a security risk. The system can in extreme cases reset a password for security but any new password is up to the customer to create and use thereafter.

What is it that you perceive as the issue you're hoping to solve that cannot be done by simply changing a password?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 31

Hi again, 

I understand how to add an email account to my device, maybe I should have explained myself better, can TalkTalk delete my passwords and start afresh with them sending me a completely new password. Do you get where I’m coming from ?

regards 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 31

From what you've shown me you're using IMAP email accounts so the answer is yes. Delete an IMAP email account from device software, power off the device, power back on and you'll be ready to start afresh adding a new email account to that software.

If you come across a POP3 email account then check it's not holding wanted mail messages that are not also in the online mailbox Inbox, save to a backup device any downloaded and wanted mail messages, then delete the email account from device software, power off the device, power back on and you'll be ready to start afresh adding a new email account to that software.

The email address and online mailbox remains unaffected by deleting accounts from device software.

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 31

Hi 

no not the topic, just my email account and start again but keeping my .dsl.pipex.com email address. I’ve never had any problems with my email account since joining pipex, now it’s all gone pear shaped. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 31

Hi Sjd-1965 

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. What is it exactly you'd like to be deleted?  If it's this topic then the answer is no as that's disrespectful to the contributors that want to see and understand the background to where we are now.

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 31

Is it possible to get everything deleted and start again as I’m getting confused now, I know it’s not hard for me. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 31

A successful password change would allow you to login to webmail if you manually enter the new password. You can sign in using either the master email address (recommended) or the linked alias as either ought to work.

If the master address you've changed the password for does not have the alias as one of its linked alias addresses because the alias is linked to another of your master addresses then the new password will not work for the alias login.

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 9 of 31

Changed my password and now can’t even get on to web Mail and everything else. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 31

The master pipex mailbox password is used for the incoming and outgoing server authentication for the master pipex mailbox address and for the incoming and outgoing server authentication for the linked alias addresses and for the webmail logins.

Message 11 of 31

After I change my password will I use that same password for my incoming Mail server ? 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 31

Hi Sjd-1965, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 13 of 31

Ok thanks il will give that a go. 👍

Message 14 of 31

You can change the password for an active master pipex mailbox address. Trying to change the password for a pipex alias address will result in the 'no domain' error message.

Message 15 of 31

I’m still getting this when trying to verify my settings 

F121D46A-706F-40F6-BD19-5CB99A8C76CB.jpeg

I’ve just tried to change my password and getting told my email address doesn’t have a TalkTalk domain name. 

regards 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

Hi Sjd-1965, the email address in your profile isn't limited it has full function.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 17 of 31

Sorry didn’t realise I had duplicated it as it’s not shown up on my subscriptions. Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 31

@Sjd-1965, there wasn't any need to start a new thread as you already have one ongoing:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/Pipex-Email-Stopped-Working/td-p/2954290#M167297

There's so much support needed for everyone with this, it's important not to duplicate work.

I'll make sure that the other is escalated, but it does take a few days for accounts to be reactivated. 

DUPLICATE THREAD 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 19 of 31

41819DF4-71E4-4049-ACEE-A1F7D09594C0.jpeg

20B01F0E-F19F-471D-8DEB-690C49A5FE7F.jpeg

C2AE823B-FEA8-437F-A174-B34391B9C783.jpeg

96FF3F2D-3080-45C6-8E4C-51D95AC9EC4D.jpeg

Hi I’m still not getting any help with my issue after nearly two weeks. My settings. 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

Hi sjd-1965, please add the affected email address/es to your community profile in the private notes section so that I can help you get this sorted.

Ady