cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Pipex Email Stopped Working

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Private Message

Message 31 of 31

I’m having the same problem, spoke to tech support at the beginning of the week and was told my Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software"

and a request will be put in to restore my email. Still nothing working. 

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

No longer interested. I've requested device access. I'm off to bed.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 22 of 31

do you want me to put up a screw shot up on here? Is so I will. 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 31

Ok that's just you self certifying that the iPhone was the only device previously on the insecure settings and you have corrected those.

So I'll record that you've rejected the offer to actually check the settings and on the basis of self certification ask TalkTalk Support to restore device access.

TalkTalk will respond here to confirm and until they do you'll use TalkTalk Mail webmail.

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 24 of 31

7BEE3C0C-48CA-4563-9868-BCB30A3E21FC.jpeg

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 25 of 31

I’ve got a screenshot of the transcript saying all my settings are correct. Do I upload it here ? 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

Just using the one device the iPhone? That's neat and simple; take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Picture icon above this reply area.

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 27 of 31

I would like to be able to use my iPhone app. So could you tell me how I go about  showing you all my settings I changed according to the settings  you provided? 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Clearly TalkTalk detected insecure settings and withdrew device access.

The offer is here to help you identify which of your mail collection and devices were using insecure settings, which are capable of secure mail, which are not and to check the setup for each. Then when confirmed as good on all your active devices to request TalkTalk Support to actually restore device access for you.

But feel free to go back to Technical support on the phone to chase up if you wish.

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 29 of 31

I went through all this the other day and was told all my settings were ok and a request was put in but nothing has happened. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 31

If you saw the message from TalkTalk advising "Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software" then the email address receiving that notification has been limited to webmail only access as a last resort action by TalkTalk to stop the use of insecure email.

TalkTalk Mail webmail is secure by design using an up to date Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

You will be able to get email access restored to email apps or software including mail collection services so long as you're ready to use up to date and secure email settings for all the ways you view emails. We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides. Just let us know each mail collection service, each device, its operating system and email software including version that are in current use.

For a definitive check of settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

When you confirm the secure settings are ready I can request TalkTalk Support to restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and access will be restored usually within a couple of working days.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Email account holder name

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es)
and TalkTalk or MailPlus customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

About TalkTalk Mail Plus