cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Refresh Activation a scam?

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I have received an email that I think is a scam. It is purporting to come from TalkTalk and has a link to refresh the recent changes to Webmail but it has been sent from a Tiscali address. I have not clicked on the link but it looks authentic in the body of the message.

Silvergirl
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 11

I am sure several will have clicked on the link, if so change your password ASAP !!!!

David
0 Likes

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

I have had the same mine came from achild@tiscali.co.uk seems suspicious to me I will not click on any email links

David
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

I have received one of these refresh your email account emails and suspecting it was a scam sent a copy to the talktalk phishing email address. However, no confirmation of receipt has arrived. My concern is that I can recall talktalk having a large data breach fairly recently and I can only assume that email addresses were stolen and what is happening here is the result. About time talktalk issued a statement and advice to their "loyal" customers.

td123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

For anyone who is interested this is what the scam/phishing message looks like. I got this from "gary.mcgloughlin@tiscali .co.uk" but others have recieved them from various addresses such as mannelic @talktalk.net; helenarandles@ tiscali.co.uk & keddod@ talktalk.net. The scammer could be using dozens of fake accounts but ( so far) all the messages look like this one

Scam messageScam message

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for that @Gliwmaeden2 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 6 of 11

@KeithFrench, they do already know about it. @Karl-TalkTalk mentioned yesterday that they were onto it.

See also the sticky at the top of the page.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

I'll escalate this to TalkTalk as it would seem that someone might have a grudge against the company. What I think is also worrying, how did they get hold of all of your email addresses?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

Yes, copying Talktalk presentation very convincingly. 

Very worrying that it seems to have slipped through so many Spam filters.

Quite a bit of discussion about it on here yesterday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Absolutely a scam. Do not click on the link. In mine the link was to "hiltonhollywood.com". I forwarded the item to phishing@talktalk.co.uk, and deleted it. Now I must delete the forwarded item from my sent folder!

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Johnian
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

I received he same thing yesterday but with a suspicious looking talktalk.net sender address (gaunty@talktalk.net). I too suspect a scam and have not clicked on the link. On the web site TT show some new features in Mail but no suggestion of any action needed.

0 Likes