cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Refresh account

Maggie-P
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I have just received an email to my Tiscali account titled Refresh activation announcing changes and saying i to need update my account by 10 October to keep my email active and providing a link to refresh my account.

It promises to send an email about the new features once I have done this..

I thought i had already been moved over as I had an email saying i din;t need to do anything and another exploring the changes back in August.

I'm concerned the link in this new email may be a scam.

Can i make the changes by logging in to my account and will it be obvious what i need to update? I obviously don't wan my account to become inactive. Will my ukgateway account also need updating? 

Margaret Pringle
9 REPLIES 9

Clive78
Team Player
Private Message
Message 1 of 10

Password now reset, thanks for your guidance.

Clive78
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Had already done a full AV scan and no problems there, but changing email password now, thank you everyone

Message 3 of 10

Hi Clive78 

Scan your email devices to ensure there are no viruses, trojans or other mailware and as a precaution change and upgrade your email password. Be on your guard for further rogue emails purporting to be from TalkTalk and note that there are no links to click to 'Verify' 'Refresh' 'Upgrade' or 'Update' your email account in official TalkTalk communications and at no time will TalkTalk ever ask you to enter your email address and password other than on the official sign in website.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 10

Run a quick virus / malware check,  but probably fine, @Clive78.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Clive78
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Sadly I clicked the first link but nothing in the email itself, do I need to do anything

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thank you all for the reassurance!

Margaret Pringle

Message 7 of 10

Hi Maggie-P, please follow Gliwmaeden2's advice and don't click on the link.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

The fact of the recent email upgrades is attracting scammers so don't click on the link.

To access your webmail for any reason, follow the guidelines issued by Talktalk:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Webmail-Update/bd-p/webmailupdate

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Maggie-P
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

My email appears to come from helenarandles@tiscali.co.uk 

Margaret Pringle