cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Spam emails

Ricardo80
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 79 of 79

In recent weeks I have been plagued with spam emails, now dozens per day. 

I have tried blocking through my iPhone but I’m fighting a losing battle.

Can anyone please help?

0 Likes
78 REPLIES 78

Message 21 of 79

Hello,

Update -

We've received another update to advise that we have blocked more spam emails and that you should start to see a noticeable difference.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 22 of 79

Hi Rootin,

Thank goodness it seems we are indeed pretty much over the hump. 

Following your advice I have been forwarding every spam email to both report@phishing.gov.uk and phishing@talktalk.co.uk, so, hopefully many of us did the same rather than give in to changing our email addresses with all the implications & repercussions involved.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 23 of 79

I will await the "word" with excitement.

Your personal abuse has been noted.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 79

Message to TalkTalk

We appear to be over the worst of this; whatever you have done has worked. Thank you.

Can I please add one thing and perhaps ask that you have a word.

Volunteers on here, however well meaning, served in this case to confuse matters. In fact they made matters worse by coming out with  comments such as 'Do you never move home address and notify all your contacts? It's easy so why the reluctance to stay spammed and targeted by criminals via email? I don't get any spam on any email addresses.' And also making references to 'criminals', however true this maybe, when people are really worried about their internet safety is not great.

Message 25 of 79

👍

0 Likes

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 79

Please accept my apologies. This was absolutely not aimed at you. And sorry for adding yet another piece of spam to your pile!

0 Likes

Message 27 of 79

Rootin, I don’t know why you’ve had a go at me. Gondola is the one you should be addressing!

0 Likes

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 79

No need for this, even if you purport to be helping: 'Noted that your email addresses are in the hands of criminals and you want to keep receiving their spam by keeping your email address open'.

Just found out I can also report every spam e mail to report@phishing.gov.uk. I have actually put it in a message filter so every piece of spam gets automatically forwarded. Not sure if it will do any good, but gov.uk website invites us to send all suspicious e mails.

As for deleting an e mail and setting up another, this is currently on the TalkTalk website: Please Note - we have temporarily removed the create/delete mailbox functionality as we are performing some backend maintenance work on our email platform. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Starting to get very weary of all of this & perhaps need to look for a more secure platform for my e mails. Strange but I've never ever had a problem with my g mail acocunt which I use primarily for 'junk'.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 79

Thanks for your assistance Gondola, appreciated.

Ricardo80

0 Likes

Message 30 of 79

Noted that your email addresses are in the hands of criminals and you want to keep receiving their spam by keeping your email address open. Neither of you need my help to do that so I'll withdraw from this topic and withdraw all help as you need no help to keep on spamming yourselves.

0 Likes

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 79

Just had another one, the cheek of them.

Dear Valued Customer 

CONGRATULATIONS You have been chosen to be in our loyalty program FOR FREE

You have nearly reached your SPAM critical load storage limit of 387.6 billion hyper bytes.

In recognition of your custom you have won an air fryer and a free bottle of J’adore cooking oil. And as many cans of SPAM as you would like.

Please click on the image below and we will try to fleece you as best as we can; and send you some more spam. Please invite your friends.

Unsubscribe here , next to the box where you need to enter your bank account number and sort code.

We don’t want to hear from you.

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, luverlie spam, wonderful spam.

Note: offer only available to TISCALI customers

IMG_7292.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 32 of 79

Well said Rootin! 😂

0 Likes

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 79

Just hope nobody gives me an air fryer or some J’adore perfume for Xmas😂😂

And still the spam mail floods in tonight.

And no, I’m not going to write to all of my contacts and change my e mail address. Why the xxxxxxxx should I😮

Message 34 of 79

Thank you. Some good news

Message 35 of 79

TalkTalk have engaged with this topic and others via Michelle-TalkTalk.

I can pass on that the TalkTalk Network team have blocked some of the spam. This is as a result of TalkTalk users marking as spam - the recommended way to report and inform the CloudMark / Proofpoint intelligence engine to be able to fingerprint typical spam content.

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 79

Thank you Gondola. I do realise you are genuinely trying to be helpful but what we need is TalkTalk to engage with us to try and sort this.

I don’t have the clout or knowledge to be able to engage with Google but I suspect there are people in the company I pay ££ to who can.

Message 37 of 79

Do you never move home address and notify all your contacts? It's easy so why the reluctance to stay spammed and targeted by criminals via email?

I don't get any spam on any email addresses.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 79

Obviously Rootin doesn't read my signature or my bio that clearly indicates I'm an independent volunteer to Community.

Also telling you to delete your mailbox wasn't an instruction just part of an observation that it was the only sure way to remove an address from the hands of criminals.

You're right that expecting individual mail services to cope with spam from Gmail is like putting an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff waiting for fallout. Some of your fellow members don't want spam stopped at source i.e. at Gmail or whatever other spam sender uses the dark net's compilation of email addresses previously discovered.

How do I know this? - because the spammers don't check that email addresses from these old captures like onliner Spambot in 2017 haven't already been deleted prior to 2023 - the reason for Gmail senders getting the TT405 bounceback error for sending to addresses that do not exist.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 79

Thanks td123.

Maybe they'll get as fed up as we are.

I see Gondola doesn't understand why we are loathe to change our email addresses. Does he/she have any idea the logistics involved in that exercise?

0 Likes

Message 40 of 79

There is no evidence that tiscali.co.uk addresses have been leaked because these are not held separately in the TalkTalk Mail database.

Noted that you don't wish to stop Google sending spam.  According to you stopping spam at source is not an option. Which means every single mail service that receives spam from Gmail has to carry out its own scanning and decide which emails are genuine and which are unwanted.

Seems to me to be a lot of people that insist on continued use of email addresses that are known to be in the hands of criminals.

0 Likes