cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TalkTalk email not working

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi, 

In the last couple of hours I’ve started to have problems with my talktalk email account.  For most of that time I have not been able to send or receive emails from my phone or tablet and have received error messages saying I was not connected to TalkTalk. Every now and then it will suddenly connect and I will receive emails.

I originally experienced problems on my laptop about two weeks ago - TalkTalk emails not coming through via outlook, but as I could access via my phone & tablet I didn’t do anything about it.

Just wondering what is going on that is causing these problems? Is there work going on in the background causing this? Or is it something I should be worried about.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Monibharj, please start a new topic on the community and let us know if you've tested in webmail? When you last reset you password?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Monibharj
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

my emailhas not been working since yesterday !

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Are you still having problems? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 14

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

Not yet I haven’t - I had a nightmare setting up the account on Outlook initially so I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do that again.

I’ve just sent an email from one TalkTalk email address to the other TalkTalk email account and to a BT email account (from my iPad). After 5 minutes it appeared in the BT inbox, but after 18 minutes has still not appeared in the TalkTalk one.  I also replied from the BT mailbox and that hasn’t arrived in either TalkTalk email inboxes.

UPDATE - email has just landed in other TalkTalk email inbox. But reply from BT is still somewhere in the ether!!!

this testing has been done on phone and tablet, so issue isn’t just confined to Outlook.

Most of the time I can still access the internet, occasionally I can’t or it is very slow. But these issues seem normal for TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Have you tried removing the account from Outlook and then adding it again? It often fixes glitches with Outlook. Are you able to get webpages when you can't get your mail?

Ady

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

I take it all back!

I have 2 TalkTalk email accounts and whilst they were sending, receiving and synchronising ok. I’m now  getting an error message on both of them when I try to send or receive via Outlook.

Gist of message is

Cannot synchronise subscribed folders for xxxxxxxx. Error Cannot contact the server

0 Likes

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk

Although it was playing up a bit this morning, it all seems to be working now - even via Outlook!!!!

Guess it was down to the switch to a new server.

thanks for picking this issue up though - fingers crossed all should be well from now on.

Message 8 of 14

Hi Vonney, is it still failing this morning?

Ady

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

although I told you earlier that mail was working ok on my phone. Just discovered it’s stopped working again!!!!

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

Phone and tablet seem to be working ok, but they don’t use Outlook. I’ll check my laptop for Outlook later and let you know

Message 11 of 14

Hi Vonney, is it still playing up for you?

Ady

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

First thing this morning I was going to say it’s all working now on my phone & tablet ………….. But then it started playing up again !!!

I haven’t tested via my laptop using Outlook yet - I’ll do that this  bf evening and let you know how I get on.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi Vonney, there was an open incident for this yesterday afternoon.  Are you still having problems with sending and receiving?

Ady