cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Talktalk email problems,

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 38

I have started this new post because my answers on the last one seemed to have got jumbled up.

I am still having problems with my email service which seems to be very erratic. I have been unable to make contact with anyone from Talktalk but I received an email telling me that all modifications and updating have been completed and following a link given, I am told that I should update my Mac to ios version 11. This does not make sense because it is an ancient update for many moths ago.

Or, could it be a Talktalk software update. Can anyone tell me please?

Also information I have found searching the internet tells me that all modifications and updates will not be completed till the end of October. If this is the case, it might explain why my service is not working properly. Which  information should I believe?

37 REPLIES 37

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 38

Then it's a pity that Talktalk cannot come up with something that works. The current settings list banded around does not let anything work.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 38

If you use any settings  other than those in the webmail settings help article, you won't be meeting our security requirements and will find your mailbox is suspended. Port 143 is not secure and should not be used. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 38

I am getting the following message. What do I need to do? 

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

0 Likes

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 38

For the benefit of anyone having the same problem as me sending and receiving Talktalk and Onetel emails on a Mac computer using the current issue of Server settings, I have heard from a source other than Talktalk that some of the settings are incorrect.

Try changing the Incoming port from 993 to 143 on both the Talktalk and Onetel settings and on the  Onetel settings, change the Outgoing Account and Username to your Onetel email address instead of Talktalk.

The Webmail may still not work because the Incoming server port probably needs to be changed to 143.

I have notified Talktalk of the above.

0 Likes

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 38

Just thought I would update my position. I have been in touch with Talktalk by email regarding emails problems. They will not talk through the problems on the phone to give advice but by email they have not been able to help. They blame my devices as being faulty even after I have performed a complete restore on both.

So I am now completely at a loss with no email access on either my Mac computer or my MacBook Air laptop. If any one can offer any help, I should be very grateful. Brian

0 Likes

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 38

Why don't these replies stay in order?

0 Likes

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 38

That does not make sense. So instead of updating one has to backdate.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 38

Well there is but I'm not sure you're going to like it. They've discovered that the minimum IOS version that the new platform supports is 15 you can see it in this update for webmail.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 38

Many thanks. Everything is chaotic today. I cannot send or receive any Talktalk emails on my Mac nor on my laptop and no better on Webmail.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 38

I'll re-escalate this for you, @brbrown.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 38

Any news yet Ady. I now can't send and receive emails at all and I have still had  no one  from Talktalk contact me. Some help would be appreciated please.

0 Likes

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 38

Hello Ady, I can now send and receive emails using my Macmail.

On my Talktalk webmail I now have the option of sending and receiving Talktalk and Onetel emails which work.

However, on my MacBook Air laptop I can send and receive Talktalk emails but not Onetel emails. When I try to send one, I get the usual message saying that the server is offline. Any ideas to help please? Brian.

0 Likes

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 38

Just for reference, I have now done a complete computer restore to make sure there were no errors on the computer but everything is still the same.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 38

We are still working on it. I'll send a chaser.

Ady

0 Likes

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 38

Hello Ady. I guess you can't help with my email problem but I thought I would mention that I have just been on a Mac forum and there are 21 pages of people complaining about Talktalk problems. It's a pity Talktalk can't let people know what's happening.

0 Likes

brbrown
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 38

Hello Ady. Many thanks for your reply. I am using both at the moment to see if I can get anything to work. My Macmail does not work as the server shows offline but if I login to Talktalk Webmail using my Talktalk address, I can't send Talktalk emails because the SMTP server shows offline. If I login to Talktalk Webmail using my Onetel address, I can send and receive Onetel emails. Whichever I use, I can't add the other account because it does not recognise the details.

I have been in touch with Apple regarding my Macmail but they can't help because they say the necessary information  for resetting up the accounts must come from Talktalk.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 37 of 38

Hi brbrown, the information provided to you refers to your mailbox being migrated rather than the whole project being completed.  Your mailboxes have both been fully migrated. We've seen users on IOS with problems where webmail fails to load. Are you using a mail app or just webmail?

Ady