cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to access mail via Android or Windows

Rosanna300
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

I am currently only able to access my email account via webmail. I would like my account to be restored so that I can access it via the mail apps on my Android and Windows devices. I have tried to update the security settings accordingly but have run into 2 problems:

1) On Windows mail, under "account settings", I can change the incoming and outgoing servers, but not the security settings. I'm only given a list of check boxes including "Require SSL for incoming email" and "Require SSL for outgoing email", but no option for STARTTLS. Furthermore, there is no explicit option to change the port, but currently the incoming and outcoming mail servers are displayed by default as "mail.talktalk.net:993:1" and "smtp.talktalk.net:587:0", so I assume this is the same thing as selecting ports 993 and 587 (but I'm not sure what the significance of the 1 and 0 is).

2) On my Android mail app, I am now signed out and cannot login, even with the correct settings. Therefore, I haven't been able to change the settings because it won't let me do so without logging in successfully. 

I would really appreciate it if you could help to restore my email.

Rosanna

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Excellent. Ady was trying hard to get accounts back in action.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 5

Update: it's now working again 🙂

Message 3 of 5

Hi Ady,

Thank you very much, but I am still having difficulties accessing my account and it has been over 48 hours. When I try to login, it says "Sign-in failed" and tells me to contact my email administrator. 

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Rosanna, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.