Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Disappointing speed drop.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Team Player

My Fibre has dropped from 38mbs to 29mbs.  So, of course my wifi has dropped too.  TT used to have a handy chat or email link but they seem to have dropped that as I can't find either.  How are others doing?  If this is the best they can do, I will have to move.  Luckily my contract is up soon.

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi mazapust

You'll need an OCE to pick this up for you but i don't think they are back until Monday morning. Perhaps a Community Star could flag it for you.

In the meantime have you tried powering down for 30 mins and connecting directly to the test socket. Those steps will save you some time once this thread is picked up.

Also make sure your profile is up to date as it is how the OCE's link your forum post to your actual account.

Fritz

Highlighted
Team Player
Thank you. Will see if they pick it up then
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mazapust

Tests are showing that the router is in sync at 40mb.

Are you testing your speeds wired via our speed tester ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player

Yep, it's wired up.  But I could not get that speed.  Can you check back to the tests that I got?

Highlighted

Hi

I can see the previous 2 speed tests at 30mb.  Have you powered off the router for 30 minutes to clear the session, then run the speed tests again with the new session ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Well i had it off for 10 mins.  I will try 30

Highlighted

Hi

With Fibre, the session stays active for about 15 to 20 minutes, so that's why I usually say about 30 minutes as this will allow any session to fully terminate.  If you turn the router back on before the session has closed, you are simply connecting to the same session and nothing changes.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Ok will see what happens.  Thanks

Highlighted

Hi mazapust

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

I had an email asking if my prob was fixed but really it's not.  On most speed tests, I have lost speed.  But of course I am getting charged the same price.

Highlighted

Hi mazapust,

Just to confirm, did you try switching your router off for 30 minutes?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Chris.  Yes unplugged for a full half hour.

Highlighted

Hi mazapust,

Could I just confirm, do you receive the same throughput speeds with 2 different devices? Have you also tried running the speed test wired with just the one device connected to the line? Have you ever tested with a different router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Well we only have one wired, that's our PC.  They sent us a new router a few months ago but it packed up so we have had to resort to the old router.

Highlighted

Hi

Would you like to try a replacement router ?

Karl

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Well only if you think that it would help.

Highlighted

Hi

OK, I'l get one to you asap.  At least it's then something we can rule out.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Terrific thank you.  Will keep you posted

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips