Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fast Fibre with speed boost

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Michelle

I'm also not getting the speeds specified I renewed 02/01/20 I was on 38 Mb/s Fibre and took up the free offer of the faster fibre of 67 Mb/s but over the last 2 days the speed has only increased by 10 Mb/s to 47/48 Mb/s the upload speed has increased by 100% to 18 Mb/s not very happy to say the least. 

I have also tried unplugging the router and leaving for a full 30 mins. but  there was no difference at all.

By the way I am using my own router which is a Asus RT-AC3200 which it says is capable of giving me the specified speeds

Please can you help thanks

Preston born and bred

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Preston born and bred

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have now updated my profile

Hi Preston born and bred

Thank you for updating your Community Profile.

Your line is showing in sync at 50.8mb. What was the minimum guaranteed speed showing as when you signed up for the fibre speed boost?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Debbie,

I was getting 38 MB on my old package what was called medium fibre at the time, I upgraded to the broadband speed boost when I renewed my contract on the 2nd Feb the advertisement says 67 MB/s but on the speed checkers It's only showing I'm getting 47/48 MB along way from the 67 MB

Highlighted
Community Star

The adverts say an average of 67Mbps, you should have had a specific minimum quoted for your line.

Highlighted

Hi Preston born and bred

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check and confirm the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies I have just found this on my chat conscript with the sales agent, I do think the advertisement is misleading, a few people including myself look a the advert and see 67 MB/s and that's what we believe we will get, I think everybody should have their line checked by talktalk and told prior to any sale/upgrade in bold text and then we know what our lines are capable of speed wise before we buy, not hidden away in small print or long chat messages which we do not read fully because we haven't the time which was in my case as I was going out for a family meal

Vanessa:
We estimate your download speed will be between 69.6 and 49.6 Mbps. Your actual download speed may vary depending on the quality and length of your line, wifi connection and also how many people in your house that are online at the same time. Your actual download speed may also be lower than the range that we have given you. Your minimum guaranteed download speed is 44.5 Mbps. If your actual speed falls below this please contact us and we will attempt to improve the speed. If we cannot do this within 30 days you can leave your contract without penalty. You will receive a welcome pack from us that will include information about estimated speeds and what to do if you experience problems. Further information about our service and the Ofcom residential speed code is also available from our website.

Highlighted

Hi Preston born and bred,

Apologies for any confusion regarding the speed. The speed you can expect does depend on a number of factors, the main one being the length and quality of the line from your home to the street cabinet. If your speed does drop please let us know 

Chris