Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sync speed below guarantee minimum

7 REPLIES 7
wjsmith87
First Timer

Hi,

Since December my sync speed is below 21mb. I have contacted talk talk twice on the chat but all they do acknowledge there is a problem, run some tests and to monitor for 48 hours. 

I have completed the basic troubleshooting and it has not resolved the issue. 

Before December I was getting on average 68mb.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi wjsmith87

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible line fault.

Can I just check if your landline is working ok when making calls? (any noise on the line)

Thanks

Debbie

wjsmith87
First Timer
Hi Debbie, thank you for your response.
We dont use the landline for calls and also don't have a landline available to check

Thanks will
OCE_Debbie

Hi wjsmith87

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to borrow a phone just for testing purposes? If you are experiencing a fault with the landline then this can affect the BB connection and has to be investigated first.

If the line is clear and working ok then we can focus on the BB fault.

Thanks

Debbie

wjsmith87
First Timer
Sorry for the delay in replying but I have not been able to source a landline phone. My broadband seems to be dropping out more frequently.
OCE_Michelle

Hi wjsmith87,

Sorry to hear that the connection is still unstable. I've passed this over to Openreach for a line investigation to be completed as the line test is detecting a possible line fault and we should receive further updates back within the next 48-72hrs.

If you don't hear anymore over the weekend then please can you bump your thread (request an update here) and we can re-check for a update on the fault for you.

Thanks

wjsmith87
First Timer
Hi Debbie, thank you for your help. Engineer has attended today and rectified the fault and my speed is now back to where it was.
OCE_Debbie

Hi wjsmith87

That's great news, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie