cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi not working - devices appear connected but apps, videos, social media sites won’t load

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Switched to TalkTalk as a new customer with a 18th dec go live on fibre. All working fine until 23rd Dec and then started with connection issues and websites, social media not connecting.  Family of 5 with heavy reliance on WiFi access so not great especially over Christmas. Please help! 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Pjc77 welcome to the community. You might have 2 issues here. The second has a fairly straightforward fix, change the router DNS settings Using An Alternative DNS Server On WiFi Hub and Using 3rd Party DNS 

The first losing connection may be related to the second see how you get on and let us know.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks for the post Divsec much appreciated.  I’ve tried changing the DNS settings to 79.79.79.79 and 79.79.79.80 if that was the proposal unfortunately this hasn’t made the difference.  Some of my devices appear to be connected to WiFi and working but this seems isolated to certain apps .e.g YouTube working fine on iPad but on same device can’t access Facebook.  Everything was working on first installation for about 5 days and then it’s all started to drop out. 

Highlighted
First Timer

Managed to sort this - it turns out homesafe automatically locks everything down when enabled hence all social media sites not working. Sorted now - thanks for your help. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff