cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Am I being blocked ?

Biomechanic
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

I need somebody from Talk Talk to tell me if you are blocking me from watching content from Channel 5 in the UK.

I can reach the top-level domain of the site to browse, but as soon as I click the 'Watch' button I get nothing. I have already contacted C5 tech support and they have indicated that their systems are not at fault and have advised me to contact my ISP and ask the above question.

Admittedly, I have been watching a fair bit of content as I am housebound due to illness at the moment.

But If you guys have blocked me from watching on demand online content, I will have no option but to leave Talk Talk after 9 years and move elsewhere.

John Alan Seymour
0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

Hi Biomechanic

Ok thanks for confirming this.

Please can you log into My Account and check to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on?

How to use HomeSafe®

0 Likes

Biomechanic
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 22 of 24

Hi Debbie

Thanks for the prompt reply...

I'm watching content via browser (Chrome mainly) but I'm experiencing this on any browser on a desktop PC.

Channel 5 have assured me that they are not blocking my i.p. address and the issue must be with my ISP blocking me.

I have already tried the router power down thing... it's the first thing C5 suggested.

Are you able to check and ascertain whether you are blocking me or implementing traffic-shaping for my connection please ?

If you can't do this can you signpost me to somebody who can ? I have already rang Talk Talk Customer Service and disappointingly that was a joke...

John Alan Seymour
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

Hi Biomechanic

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Are you trying to watch the channel on the TalkTalk TV box or via the app on a different device?

Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes? This will reset your current session.

0 Likes