cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Amazon acount

neilg
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

an Amazon account is required just to set up the eero router? I don't want to give amazon my waist size and every other detail about my household just to set up a broadband router...

How do I get around this, it's entirely unnecessary & gratuitous.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

neilg
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

OK thanks, an app it is then. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

You do have to use the amazon app to set up the eero device. You do not need to pay a separate subscription, and you can decide what additional devices to connect if any, but you do need to use the app to set this up initially. There is no way around this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

neilg
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the guide, but it wasn't help setting up I was asking about, but a way around installing an App & agreeing to Amazon T&C's to set up a wifi router.

I don't want my router connecting to the Ring camera opposite, the light bulb on the left or to Alexa on the right. I'm not comfortable with "features" unlocked only by additional paid subscriptions either.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Morning,

I've included a Help Guide below which contains more information.

Setting up your eero | Future Fibre | TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

neilg
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Yes indeed. Have you read the terms & conditions?

Just so you know...

·
To use your Amazon eero mesh router, you will need to set up an account on the Amazon eero app. You can do this as you're setting up your router for the first time. You will need to accept Amazon eero's T&Cs which can be found here.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Morning,

Do you mean the eero app?

Thanks

0 Likes