cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Archer AX1800 router settings

aggiemantis
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 47

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Archer router and am having problems. Existing connection working with talk talk  router.

Seems I can't get an IP issued to the router . Have done a factory reset on router and noted the settings required by talk talk for 3rd party router.

VLAN ID :101

MTU: 1500

DND: Automatic

Authentication: DHCP/IPoE

When I go to the settings in the router there are other VLAN ID settings which are set to zero ,and the router requires some value other than zero.

Is there something that talktalk need to do their side to allow the router to work ?

So I am wondering if this is the problem.

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

Message 1 of 47

Hi @aggiemantis 

That's great 🙂

I've sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 47

Good Morning Michelle,

Thanking you for taking the time to check back with me.

All seems good so far. I've had multiple devices streaming audio and video. No 'dropouts' from any of the services , which is encouraging. They used to just stop at random.

Actual Broadband speed is about the same as the sagemcom ( probably to be expected). 

I'll be keeping an eye on things.

Thank you to both yourself and Debbie for resolving my connection.

A foot note in the TT section regarding connection of third party routers, and the need  for TT to change customer profile settings may be helpful to other customers. 

Many Thanks

Message 3 of 47

Morning,

How has the connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 47

Thank you to all that tried help me. 

Message 5 of 47

Brilliant work @Debbie-TalkTalk I must have a long chat with you soon.

@aggiemantis so glad you are sorted out and hope the new router lives up to your expectations. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 6 of 47

Hi @aggiemantis 

I'm so glad to hear this.

I will check back in with you on Monday to see how the connection has been over the weekend.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 47

Thank you Debbie for your help. The changes you have made have worked straight away. My TP-LINk router connected and i'm on it now. 

Hopefully with this new router , WI-FI coverage will be better and less drop outs.

You have just retained a TT customer.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 47

Hi @aggiemantis 

Thank you. I've made the change to the profile, this can take up to 30 minutes (max) to connect.

If it hasn't reconnected by 12:45 then try a reboot of the ONT and router. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 47

Thank you for confirming. The new router will be on line at 12.20 I'm disconnecting now. Thank you

Message 10 of 47

Hi @aggiemantis 

No changes are needed on your side, just on ours. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 47

I will power down and disconnect the sagemcom and connect the new router, BEFORE i do this are there any changes i should make to the settings in the new router please ?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 47

Hi @aggiemantis 

It's not inhibited, certain profiles are needed for different equipment connected.

Is the non TT router connected now?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 47

Many thanks for confirming that TT have inhibited the use of my third party router.  Can you please confirm the settings for my new router.

2024-05-25_08h54_45.png

0 Likes

Message 14 of 47

Hi @aggiemantis  Will it be ok to connect the non TT router at 11.45 so we can try the profile change?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 47

Hi aggiemantis

To set up a non TT router, I may need to make a change to the profile for the line.

Please can you connect up the other router (non TT) at 11.45? I can then check the profile and make the necessary changes. Just to add, once we change the profile then the TT router may no longer connect.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 47

Most Wi-fi devices drop out / stop working on a regular basis, and my initial query was regarding replacing the sagemcom router with a TP-link AX1800 router, so if you could address those issues as to why this router fails to get issued an IP address by you i would be grateful. 

I believe I have tried most things and , to repeat myself my thoughts are that there is some setting that either needs changing in my new router, or TT need to enable something for this work. I've followed the recommended settings for third party routers and TT still fail to issue an IP to the router.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 47

Hi @aggiemantis 

I've now found the details, this was not linked to the landline number in your Community Profile and is a FTTP data only connection.

I can see coverage issues for 2 devices in particular. Which devices are you experiencing issues with? How far are these devices from the router?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 47

My land line telephone number is in the appropriate box and there is not a separate box for tt customer account number. Can you not find this from my phone number or name ? 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 47

Hi @aggiemantis 

Please can you add your account number to your Community Profile. 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 47

I've only been with tiscali/tt  for 20 + years . Quite worrying. 

0 Likes