cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broad band speed after power cuts

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

Having had similar experience of my line speed being down regulated after power cuts at home, I disconnected my phone line connection to the router and powered it off for 30 mins. 

Unfortunately the line speed has not reset and is still stuck at 24Mbps. Any ideas. Wait and see? Is there some manual adjustment that can be made? 24Mbps isn’t really compatible with the various needs of the household. 
Thank you. 
Eric

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 31

The wall socket is an Openreach MasterSocket 5C mk4. There is no test socket inside

0 Likes

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 31

Thanks. Anything else you suggest I try atm whilst waiting?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 31

Hi epwilkinson,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days. I'm sorry, we can't manually adjust DLM.

Chris

0 Likes

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 31

Hi. I did not realise you had replied. 
Yes please to a new router. However the connection has been stable for 2.5 days and the download speed is still stuck at 24Mbps. Is there some sort of tweaking of the DLM that’s possible while I wait for delivery?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 25 of 31

Hi Eric

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a potential fault. Is the router still connected at the test socket at the moment?

It may be worth us sending a new router first, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

OK, cool. The power cuts and any repeated disconnections may have knocked DLM back to restrict your speed. Hopefully the support team can sort this out when they pick this up, bear in mind there may be a bit of a delay in them responding because of the backlog over the long weekend. 

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 31

Yes indeed

Message 28 of 31

Have you tried connecting at the test socket as @Gliwmaeden2 suggested? 

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 31

I’m on Fibre 65. 
minimum guaranteed speed is 42.49mbps

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 31

What package are you on and what is the minimum guaranteed speed, @epwilkinson?

Worth plugging the router in at the test socket, if you have one, and leave it there for staff to test the line tomorrow. 

See this article to ascertain whether your master socket has a test socket:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.