cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband Speed

Garyliv
Participant
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hello. I have very recently renewed my contract with TalkTalk but have been concerned about reduced broadband speed. I have stayed with Fibre 65 but noticed speed regularly dropping and cutting out more often. I'm getting speeds in the mid 20s and never above 40Mbps. I was put through to technical support today who performed a line test and said there was no issues with the line because my guaranteed speed was 23Mbps. I was very surprised at this. I was asked if I wanted an engineer to visit but made aware this could cost £75. I obviously don't want to end up paying this if the reduced speed is considered acceptable, so it is on hold. After the call I have checked my account details from January 2022 stating my guaranteed minimum download speed is 31.2Mbps (estimated download speed between 35.0Mbps and 52.6Mbps). I have had no notification since that this has reduced. I don't expect to get 65Mbps but also don't want to be paying for Fibre 65 with such a low guaranteed speed.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 22

You should have received contract details which cover that information, @Garyliv.

They have to send you them when you renew.

Also, running a speed test from My Connection will display the current minimum guaranteed speed for your line.

They do alter this over time. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes