cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband connected but internet drops frequently

LuS1fer
Team Player
Private Message
Message 45 of 45

My broadband connection has been dropping frequently over the last few weeks and I have been lodging faults since getting through to anybody seems impossible.

The responses are unclear. I e minute it says We're unable to identify a fault on your line then

This fault is still in progress. We are working to get this resolved for you

Come back from holiday and it can barely hold a connection for more than 10 minutes. Just as well it worked printing out boarding passes before I went but today has been hopelessly frustrating. Rebooting and unplugging has had no effect.

My connection has been reliable for many, many years but in the past month or so, it has been rubbish, to the point it's barely fit for purpose 

Regards 

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

LuS1fer
Team Player
Private Message
Message 41 of 45

Hi,

Yes, this is what is so annoying. Today it is working perfectly. The lights on the modem stay white on the grille part but the green internet light goes out.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 42 of 45

Hi LuS1fer

All tests are clear currently but I can see drops in the connection.

When the connection drops, can you tell me if the lights on the Openreach Modem go off or remain on ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 45

It's worth checking if all is well on the voice side i.e.clear dialling tone, no noise on the line etc. Also, try connecting at the test socket if you haven't already done so.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 45

Staff will reply during the day (they are on here Monday to Friday), @LuS1fer.

They'll need to identify your account. Please add your landline phone number or account number in Personal Information in your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings  etc. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes