cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Can't cancel my service for 30 days when I'm out of contract?

taybw93
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Called up today to cancel my broadband as I'm out on contract and have since upgraded to FTTP for much cheaper than what TalkTalk were charging me.

The person on the phone said it will take 30 days to cancel my service and I'll still be being billed in the meantime? This doesn't seem right as I'm out of contract.

Struggling to understand why my service can't be immediately disconnected so I'm not paying for something I'm not using.

When I challenged this on the phone she said they can disconnect me in 7 days instead. She's still confirming it now and I have been on the phone for 45 minutes! 

Can someone on here tell me what's going on or even better, just cancel my service today?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

EveFTTalk
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

You can't give more than 30-days notice either, unless you are willing for 30-days to start from when you contact them.

I gave 6-wks notice that, after contract ended, I wanted all services cancelled and wasn't moving to another provider.  I received a reply but thought the letter was a bit vague.  I phoned up to clarify that notice was registered against my account but was told notice had to be 30-days and not more than.  So I'll have to contact again next month.

it would be helpful if this was clearer - 30 days notice exactly.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

taybw93
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Thanks all for your replies - I didn't realise 30 days notice was standard, this wasn't explained at all on the phone. I'll take 7 days as a win.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi

It is standard with most ISP's to give 30 days notice when placing a cancellation.  this is also included in the Terms and Conditions.  

Any cancellation must be placed via the customer Loyalty teams over the phone.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Your contract says you must give 30 days notice of cancellation.

Your contract period is for discounted rates. This reverts to stand contract terms after this period, hence 30 days.

Contract terms can be found at the bottom of every web page.

If they are allowing you 7 days, that's a good result 

Your line so it's not possible on the day. It needs to be scheduled with them.

Openreach need to terminate 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes