cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Can’t connect to any website/app

Choice
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Hey,

i’m needing some help as for some reason all my apps and websites have become useless as my talktalk WiFi is stating “

This site can't provide a secure connection

dictionary.cambridge.org sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR”

meanwhile facebook, outlook, YouTube or online games

IMG_8175.png

IMG_8173.png

IMG_8174.png

  

on my PC won’t load at all. 

This is an issue on WiFi only and is happening for me and my partner. Nothing is working. Any idea how to fix this? Everything was fine until an hour ago.

talktalk’s own page won’t even load up on their WiFi.

K.P.S
0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 21 of 34

Hey,

i have just updated my information now,

regards

kamil P Szynklewski

K.P.S

Message 22 of 34

Hi Choice

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

I’ve only got the one router as I’ve been with the provider for almost 2 months now. If you’d be able to arrange a new one to be sent out which I could test with? 
regards

kamil 

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 24 of 34

Hi Choice,

Do you have another router that you can test with? If not then we can arrange to send one

Chris

0 Likes

Choice
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 34

This has happened again. And here I am again in my 4G giffgaff internet. 

the internet keeps cutting out at midnight and no safe kid or whatever option is on. This is starting to become very irritating.

It is getting tiresome now.

Every single evening, around midnight my internet just disconnects. Router says it is still connected all the time,.  If i am watching netflix, or playing on the computer  online, that all disconnects    laptop and mobile disconnect also.

It then takes roughly 5-7 hours to reconnect For it to come back online. I have tried resetting router, it then struggles to reconnect to the internet and if it does - it still doesn’t allow me to connect to anything . Was watching some late night shows with the missies as she came back from a business trip and we were having a chill evening for the internet to cut out mid episode again. And same problem again. Insecure connection? I have checked everything from the safety stuff to logging in as an admin and checking permissions and there should be no underlying issue. So why does this keep happening? 

IMG_8530.pngIMG_8529.png
K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 26 of 34

Yes, I have. 

after resetting the route for longer than 10 minutes it then doesn’t connect to the internet until morning. Which really doesn’t make a difference as the internet is inaccessible. 

regards

kamil 

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 27 of 34

Hi,

Ok, would it be possible to log into your My Account just to check this please? Does it seem to happen at the same time every night? Does it happen on all devices at the same time?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 28 of 34

Hey, 

no I only started my broadband a month ago and haven’t activated any safety measures on the device except what came standard as me and my partner don’t have kids, I didn’t find a need to block any sites. 

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 29 of 34

Morning,

Can I just confirm, are you using HomeSafe or KidSafe? Could you log into your My Account and check the settings please to see if there any timers set.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Choice
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 34

Hey Michelle,

the problem is happening again. Always seems to happen at night. 

I was just doing some late night work which got halted on when suddenly I got prompted to connect to the internet.

which I am yes, but again my devices are displaying the following messages and I have to resort to using my 4/5G mobile data so I’m not going to get much work done.

i have added the following photos to display the issue on my laptop which I use for work. Tried accessing multiple websites but again , didn’t prevail.

IMG_8247.jpeg

IMG_8246.jpeg

IMG_8245.jpeg

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 31 of 34

Hi again,

I'm sorry to hear this. So just to confirm, it's now working at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 32 of 34

Hey Michelle, 

I can confirm I reset the router for half an hour and nothing worked. The internet was unusable the entire night time and unable to connect the modem to the “WAN” connection after the reset. 

the internet has started working again this morning roughly 7:30am, but was unusable from 11:40ish until then. 
As before waking up for work at 6am it still didn’t function until I before I left for work at 8am. 

K.P.S
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 33 of 34

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then tried this again as this will reset the current session?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes