cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Can’t connect to any website/app

Choice
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Hey,

i’m needing some help as for some reason all my apps and websites have become useless as my talktalk WiFi is stating “

This site can't provide a secure connection

dictionary.cambridge.org sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR”

meanwhile facebook, outlook, YouTube or online games

IMG_8175.png

IMG_8173.png

IMG_8174.png

  

on my PC won’t load at all. 

This is an issue on WiFi only and is happening for me and my partner. Nothing is working. Any idea how to fix this? Everything was fine until an hour ago.

talktalk’s own page won’t even load up on their WiFi.

K.P.S
0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Thanks for trying this. (Using the 3rd party DNS servers is just to test and help narrow down where the problem is)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

Hey chris,

I’ve changed the DNS to googles, I’ll give an update within the next few days to see if it persists. 

but I don’t understand, if I’m paying for talktalk, shouldn’t your DNS be working fine with no issues instead of kicking me off the internet at midnight and me having to change it to another to make the internet work ? ( if it works ) Especially since talktalk boasts about home safe feature's, it just seems strange that I’d even need to change these things. 

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 3 of 34

Have you tried accessing the router UI in more than one internet browser?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 34

Hey Chris, 

unfortunately no. I’m not. Whenever I go into advanced settings and try to change the settings - press anything in the advance area I get logged out straight away and need to

log on again, and this cycle keeps happening. Can’t change anything in the “advanced settings” area. I’m kicked right out of it. 

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 5 of 34

Hi Choice,

Just to confirm, are you using the 3rd party DNS servers?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

Hey,

Unfortunately , not much luck. Having to do an assessment for Tuesdays lessons I stayed uo longer with my team mates for one of my lectures and my internet just cut out again. 

Very infuriating as usual 😆

IMG_8657.png

IMG_8658.png

IMG_8656.png

  

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 7 of 34

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

OK thanks. Could you temporarily try using a 3rd party DNS server and we'll see if that makes any difference. You could try googles DNS servers - 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Using 3rd Party DNS - TalkTalk Help & Support

Please let us know if this makes any difference

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 34

Yes I have like I’ve mentioned in the previous replies. 

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

OK. Just to confirm, did you check that HomeSafe/KidsSafe is switched off in My Account?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

Hey,

yes I have done this whenever the internet encounters the issue of thinking every single website or connection is unsafe and it doesn’t solve the problem.

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

OK, could you switch both of them off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know if there's any improvement 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 34

Yes that’s correct. 

I received a modem and a router from talktalk to connect my fiber broadband WiFi. 

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 14 of 34

OK thanks. Just to confirm, do you have a modem and separate router (two devices)?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 34

Hey,

Yes, WiFi connection and Ethernet cable connection are affected. 

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 16 of 34

Hi Choice,

Are both devices connected to your router by Ethernet cable and wifi affected?

Chris

0 Likes

Choice
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 34

If I reset the router it can’t connect to the internet at all. 

This happens too often for it to continue, I shouldn’t be locked out from an internet I pay £40 and no one else has access to except my mrs’s 

IMG_8592.jpeg

K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 18 of 34

Hey Debbie,

The internet has just cut out again with the new router. 

I’m sorry but this is just ridiculous . 

is it a possibility for you to cancel my 18-month contract at all? Because I don’t want to pay for an internet that keeps failing me when I need it the most and I pay quite a sum for it. £40 isn’t cheap for a internet that keeps cutting out, and apparently there’s an issue with my line since I got the internet whenever I check my “connection”. 

this is absolutely ridiculous. This is on mobile, computer and every other device I have - even my thermostat from Google which is connected to the internet alongside my smart TV. 

everything becomes useless at these hours until 8am. 

IMG_8588.pngIMG_8587.pngIMG_8589.jpegIMG_8590.jpeg
K.P.S
0 Likes

Message 19 of 34

Hi Choice

Have you received the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 34

Hi Choice

Thank you 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes