cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Capped at 60mbps

EdHodson
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hi, something I have intended to ask about for ages...  I used to have faster download speed, but I appear to be capped at exactly 60mbps.  Can this be uncapped to provide my full sync speed please?Sync screenshotSync screenshot

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Ed

That's great news, I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 11

Hi Debbie,

Sync speed is now 12mbps faster down, 4mbps faster up, and line seems clear of crackles.

Many thanks for your help!

Ed

Message 3 of 11

Hi @EdHodson 

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved.

Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

HI Ed

The fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning, we should hopefully have further updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Ed

This fault is still under investigation with the Openreach line engineers and I will continue to monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 11

Hi Ed

Thanks for your reply.

I have escalated this fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

You won't get another reply before Monday from the support team. In the meantime, try connecting your router and phone directly at the test socket using a plugin microfilter (details here) and see if that helps with the noise on the line. If so, try switching off the router for a full 30 minutes to restart the session and see if that improves the sync. Let us know your findings. Either way, it may help if you leave things like that for the support team to test again. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi Debbie,

Yes please:

>The line tests are detecting a potential fault with the landline service and this can affect the BB connection.

Oh, I wasn't aware of a fault.

>Do you use your landline for calls? Are you experiencing any noise on the line?

Yes we do and there has been some intermittent noise/crackle on the line for a couple of years.  Additonally, sometimes calls connect and the voice sounds like someone is talking into a tin foil baking tray and it is impossible to understand.  This is usually cleared by hanging up and redialling.

Thanks,

Ed

Message 9 of 11

Hi EdHodson

Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi EdHodson

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line tests are detecting a potential fault with the landline service and this can affect the BB connection.

Do you use your landline for calls? Are you experiencing any noise on the line?

0 Likes