FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City Fibre in Bracknell

Pedant
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 3
I had the following SMS converstation with City Fibre earlier this afternoon. I need to know more about this from TalkTalk before deciding, but I'm not sure who or how to contact them. My initial questions are:
Are they actually implementing TalkTalk FTTP or just extending the Fibre from the footpath to a box on my wall for use in a later upgrade?

Will there really be no change in my contract or charging?

Will my landline phone really still work?

What speed will the FTTP run at?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Hi R, this is CityFibre. Great news, we're working with TalkTalk to upgrade your home to faster and more reliable Full Fibre broadband for no extra cost. One of our engineers will visit you on Fri 08 Jul between 08:00 - 13:00 at No. <address removed) at postcode ending 8WU to install the new fibre connection.

Please reply CONFIRM if you'll be in on this date. Reply CHANGE to reschedule. Reply MORE if you need more details about the upgrade.

Me: MORE

Would you like to know more about:

A. DIGGING
B. The BOXES on your wall
C. PERMISSIONS
D. COVID
E. OTHER

Please reply DIGGING, BOXES, PERMISSIONS, COVID or OTHER.

Me: OTHER

Okay, please text back your question and we'll be in touch soon. Thanks!

Me: My current contract with TalkTalk includes a home phone connection using the copper to my local cabinet. What happens to this after the upgrade? I'd also like to talk to someone, preferably at TalkTalk, about the whole exercise. Finally, I can't do 8/7 so, if I decide to go ahead, how do I arrange a different date for the work?

Hi it's Cityfibre.
Your landline will remain the same, it will only be affected for a short while whilst the engineer runs the test towards the end of the installation.
Should you wish to change this date please contact City Fibre on <phone number removed> or use this link: <link removed>
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Pedant
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 3

Thanks for your help and especially the linked thread which was very useful.

I've decided to go ahead despite not being quite clear about how my landline phone will connect. Opinions vary about 50-50 between via my Openreach master socket or using VOIP. I'm also a bit concerned about how they'll get the fibre across my concrete drive. I'll try to remember to add to this thread when it's all done towards the end of next month.

0 Likes

speedygonzalez
Problem Solver
Message 2 of 3

@Pedant take a look here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Future-Fibre/CityFibre-appointment-text-setting-time-for-upgrade... 

may answer some of your questions

Best to call TalkTalk Future Fibre Team to verify Your contract, monthly charge and if your phone line remains active or if they will have to provide you with Digital Voice line. 

The Free upgrade is being rolled very poorly in terms of communication from TalkTalk. If you look around on the forum, many customers going through the same set of questions and concerns. 

0 Likes