cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection issue & VOIP issue

DavesB
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I've recently upgraded to full fibre. When I test my connection via the talktalk app, I'm getting a message after the line test icon 

"Sorry, we had a problem checking your services

We tried to test your network connection but we can’t provide status updates on your current package."

and the "Chat to our team" button doesn't seem to work !?!

Also, (maybe related?) my phone connection isn't working correctly. Occasionally the phone won't take incoming calls (you hear an engaged tone), but you can dial out. It uses talktalk's VOIP adapter GrandStream 801. To fix it, you have to unplug the VOIP adapter & replug it in. (but you have no idea when the phone is working or not!)

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hello,

Thanks for confirming and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I've got one of the talktalk tech support running a line test - so that should reveal any issues

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Dave,

Ok thanks for confirming. If the voice issue is still happening following the DVA reset then please let us know and we can look into this further. Are you trying to run the line tests as the connection is dropping?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

DavesB
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

The phone light is on (maybe not when the phone drops), and is usually a slow blinking light. The internet light on the DVA sometimes goes out though. I think the issue is more about the DVA "unregistering" the phone occasionally (maybe when the internet drops?). 

I'll try as you suggest & reset the DVA.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you tried resetting the Digital Voice Adapter?

Can you try the following, plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle