cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Disconnection problems

Kro15
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

For several months now i've been having issues with my internet connection dropping randomly and generally reconnecting fairly shortly after (which to be honest i have largely ignored and lived with) I have three devices that i use wirelessly and the smart TV connected with an ethernet cable (the TV seems pretty dire and slow when trying to watch catch up or youtube) I never had any problems before with any of my devices even down at my garden workshop !

I contacted TT last week via live chat and the guy i spoke top said he thought it was due to congestion and said he would make some adjustments etc. after directing me to reset my router etc. and that it should be fine but may take upto 24hrs to take effect, well there doesn't seem to be any improvement. I have rebooted my router on a number of occasions but to no avail, I even get interruptions watching a video or on a website etc. in the lounge where the router is situated as it has been for many years.....i'm wondering if it is the router that may be at fault !......please advise thanks 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi @Kro15 

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Kro15
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Hi Michelle thanks for the response, all the test's i've done from this end are telling me all seems ok apart from the connection between the router and my devices, which makes me think this could be the issue !

So I would appreciate trying a new replacement router if that is possible please.....(do you agree the router could be the problem ?)

many thanks.

Message 4 of 7

Morning,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

Kro15
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the reply, I have added my landline number and I believe my router is a Sagemcom 5364.....hope this helps.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Kro15 your post has been escalated and you should hear Monday, in the meantime please add your landline phone number to your community profile so that your account can be identified by the team, if a landline is a problem please add your account number in the private notes.

What model is your router? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes