cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero 6 Amazon Fire Stick 5GHz issue

JoeBullen
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 46

Hi there,

Has anyone found a fix for getting your Amazon Fire Stick to connect to the 5GHz connection instead of the 2.4GHz connection?

Kind regards,

Joe

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

Message 1 of 46

Hey Michelle,

It’s not as bad as it was but I there’s still a few connectivity issues. 

I’ll send you a message.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 46

Hi Joe,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'm awaiting an update back from our Devices Team. Can I just confirm that the firestick channel issue is still happening please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 46

Hi Joe,

I'm just sending you a PM now.

Michelle

Message 4 of 46

I just hope this is all sorted out ASAP

I think I've now missed my calling off period for being able to go back to what I had before 😞

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 46

Of course, at @JoeBullen it's their firestick & their router! However, this is what I have been saying that 36 - 48 is the most compatible. Hopefully, I'll be much more up to speed with Eeros in the next few weeks.

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk what do you think, will an extra Eero sort it, I kind of doubt it in this case, but who knows?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 6 of 46

Amazon said…”Try using a lower channel setting for 5 Ghz on the router. If your network is in 5 Ghz, change the channel to one between 36-48 or 149-165. You may need to get the ISP support for changing this on your router.”

0 Likes

Message 7 of 46

Thanks Keith.

I’ll reach out to them now. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 46

Just the one that was sent to me when I upgraded my internet connection.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 46

Hi @JoeBullen 

Which 5GHz channel is it currently on? If it is still 155 then it is worth your while to contact Amazon to see what channels the Firestick supports up to on this band.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 46

Hi Joe,

I've fed this back now. How many eeros do you have please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 46

My Amazon fire tv stick will

only connect to my router at 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz so it will not work properly.

Prior to upgrading my internet and getting this new router, my Amazon fire tv stick worked perfectly because it would connect to my previous router via 5 GHz.

In addition to this, when I now use my iPhone in the downstairs in kitchen, upstairs in the bathroom or downstairs in the garage, I lose connection to the router. 

This never used to happen with my previous internet connection and router.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 46

Hi Joe,

The devices team have received an update from eero to advise that they have looked into this further and don't believe that this is a channel selection issue. They have asked if you can confirm which devices are not connecting at the moment please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 46

Hi Joe

Sorry for the delay. We've chased for an update and will post back as soon as we have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 46

Thanks Debbie.

Please can you let know when I can expect this to be done.

Kind regards,

Joe

0 Likes

Message 15 of 46

Hi Joe

Yes, we will post back here to confirm once this has been completed.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 46

Ah brilliant.

I'm assuming I will be told when this has been done, right?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 46

Hi Joe,

They are something that will be done remotely

Chris

Message 18 of 46

Thanks Michelle.

Regarding these firmware fixes, are they done remotely or are they something that I will need to do once instructed?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 46

Hi Joe,

Our Devices Manager passed this over to eero directly at the beginning of the week to apply this fix so hopefully we'll know more soon.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 46

Damn. 

Will there be any other way round this other than reaching out to TalkTalk for them to change my router again?

0 Likes