cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection

puregold24carat
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 103 of 103

My connection keeps tripping out / buffering .

Had 3 separate technicians visits and new router.

Works fine for a day and next days keeps tripping out / buffering.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
102 REPLIES 102

Message 1 of 103

HI Anil

Would you like me to send another router?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 103
0 Likes

Message 3 of 103

Hi Debbie 🙂 ,

Then it sounds like ' our equipment ' - which is really your new socket faceplate  / router would be the issue . In this case its not fair as your equipment is failing ! The Openreach engineer is thus going to say a charge is applicable as no fault found on their side ?

This sounds unfair to me as your equipment ( even though new ) is failing !

kind regards,

Anil

0 Likes

Message 4 of 103

Hi Anil

The line from the test socket, line coming into property, cabinet, overhead/underground cable and exchange are all maintained by Openreach. The only exception for a charge is if the cable outside or into the property have been damaged/cut etc.

Your equipment is classed as router, filter, faceplate (this is why we ask for the router to be connected at test socket) phone/handset. Also any internal wiring (extension sockets) again this is why we advise to test directly at the test socket as this will rule out any internal wiring issues.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 103

Hi Debbie :),

The equipment : please clarify for me as i understand the connection from the outside to the socket is down to Openreach ?

.....................................and then it connects to the router ( which is supplied by you ) , so what is ' my equipment ' ?

As i can see all my equipment is wireless - it cannot be my issue then ?

kind regards,

Anil

0 Likes

Message 6 of 103

HI Anil

The line test I completed yesterday showed - Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network.

I can't run another test today or speed test because the fault is still with Openreach (awaiting engineer visit to be booked)

If the fault is found to be with your own equipment or internal wiring, this is when charges can be applied. This is not a threat of a charge, we just have to make all customers aware.

If the fault is found to be on the line with Openreach maintained equipment up to the test socket then no charge would be applied.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 103

Greetings Debbie 🙂 ,

This i understand too - there seems to be a lot of ' understanding going ' .

The engineers ( that have visited so far ) also understood a lot of things with their electronic gadgets and gizmos - and all cleared the fault only for it to be still there . 

Can you check on your end - a connection test and a speed test ? 

If it fails ,then the obligation is down to you to have it fixed - without the threat of a possible charge . 

Then let me know .

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 103

Hi Anil

I understand but if you are still experiencing issues with the connection then the only option we have is to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 103

Hi Debbie 🙂 ,

The charge has not been applied - as yet .

I don't feel comfortable with this possible charge as  with the 6 visits , i am not convinced about this process as all have failed - so far.

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 103

Hi Anil

Have we ever applied engineer charges for previous engineer visits?

I am sorry that this fault is still ongoing, the only option we have is to pass this back to Openreach for an engineer visit.

I have checked and my colleague Arne has advised that a £5 discount was applied for 3 months and this £5 will automatically come off each bill for the next 3 months.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 103

Greetings Debbie 🙂 ,

Over the past 6 visits - its had a new router , a new line running outside front bay window , then a new line from pole on street outside to rooftop of house , then a further new line running from rooftop to side of house into new socket . All equipment is new . 

The issue still there and keeps on failing your speed and connection tests . 

Was asked to remove faceplate and insert micro filter . This improved the connection but issue still there and still fails the connection and speed tests.

External monitoring by you also confirms the issue .

You see every time an engineer has been here ' to fix fault ' which is ' then cleared ' only for it not to be so  - does not give me confidence in this process with a possible charge threat hanging over my head . 

A £5 ' apology token ' refund was issued but still not come through on my bill - yet.

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 103

Hi Anil

I've checked the fault ticket and Openreach are now asking for us to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

In regards to potential charges, if you have tested with a different router, filter and cable at the test socket then this would rule out any issues with your equipment or internal wiring.

Would you like me to arrange the visit?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 103

Greetings Debbie 🙂 ,

To book an engineer seems to a task on it's own as the tab that leads to it ' start live chat ' does not activate / respond.

I couldn't find our dog in the house and went looking for him and finally found him under my bed. It seems he's getting upset too.....

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 103

Greetings Debbie 🙂 ,

Just received an email and a text message saying a fault has been identified and an engineer needs to visit to fix it .

Before the engineer would arrive without informing to ' fix the fault ' and subsequent ' clear it ' only for it to re - occur again and again over the past 3 months + . 

So i have to ask you if there is a charge for this visit ?

Why am i getting the feeling that unless i don't pay a charge of £75 / £125 , the fault will persist ?

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 103

Hi Anil

This is a line engineer (external investigation) so charges wont apply as this engineer was arranged to check the line.

I will let you know as soon as I receive updates from Openreach.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 103

Greetings Debbie 🙂 ,

The engineer ( No 7 ) most likely to say ' no fault found ' and ' clear the job ' and bill me £75 and the ' fault ' reappears !

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 103

HI puregold24carat

Apologies for this.

The line tests this morning have detected a potential fault so I have passed this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 103

Hi Chris 🙂 ,

It's been fair - tripped out 3 times for around 1 or 3 mins . Why that happens , i don't know and to be honest i am really surprised at this as now rolling on 3 months +. Can i just have a solid connection ?

kind regards ,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 103

Hi Anil,

Current sync speed is 52.6Mbps, how has the connection been since yesterday morning?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 103

Greetings 🙂 ,

Have an email 2 days ago saying matter being looked into and to reach out to Sara in techelp.........

Also got a text message to say the same .

This issue from Nov 2023 is still there despite 6 visits .

This surely isn't satisfactory and it's time someone got this sorted ?

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes