cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection

puregold24carat
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 103 of 103

My connection keeps tripping out / buffering .

Had 3 separate technicians visits and new router.

Works fine for a day and next days keeps tripping out / buffering.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
102 REPLIES 102

Message 41 of 103

Hi Michelle ,

Looking at the guide , the socket i have reads as Openreach MK4 at the front and above it reads as Master Socket 5C.

I hope that helps ?

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 103

Hi,

I've included a Help Guide below, could you confirm which socket you have please?

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

Message 43 of 103

Hi Michelle 🙂 ,

Glad you can confirm connection is clear but unstable .

Yes can confirm a main socket that has a cable that runs to the router .

What is a test socket and what's its purpose ? Had 6 engineer visits but no one's spotted  this ?

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 103

Morning,

Thanks for letting me know and I'm sorry to hear this. I'll take another look now.

I've re-run the line test now which is clear, however the connection does look very unstable. I've just read back through your topic but couldn't see if your main socket has a test socket? Would it be possible to confirm this please as the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 45 of 103

Good Morning Michelle 🙂 ,

Since the ' big reset '  - it's still the same , sad to report. It's still buffering / losing connection / tripping out / dropping out - still get the red light on the router that alternates to red and white and then white . 

What options do i have left ?

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 103

Good morning,

How has your connection been since the 30 minute router power down?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 47 of 103
0 Likes

Message 48 of 103

Hi Chris ,

Thats great that line testing is passing . Great too if something has been done externally 🙂 .

i shall switch off router for 30mins and then switch it back on . 

I shall report later on , fingers crossed !.

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 49 of 103

Ok thanks. Line test is passing now so look as though Openreach have done something. Could you switch the router off and leave it off for 30 minutes then switch back on and monitor to see if there's any improvement

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 50 of 103

Hi Chris 🙂 ,

No communication from anyone  - apart from you.

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 51 of 103

Hi Anil

Have you received an text message asking you to arrange an engineer visit?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 52 of 103

Hi Chris 🙂 ,

Nothing over the weekend ,so highlighting issue again . As i now have ' an insight badge ' from TalkTalk , methinks the issue lies away from our home . 

So now the waiting goes on .

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 53 of 103

Hi Anil,

I've passed this back to Openreach for further investigation. If you don't hear anything over the weekend can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 54 of 103

Hi Chris ,

As i suspected the line test would fail as it's still doing the same as it has for past 3 months 

Nothing has been changed or touched since the last visit . 

I shall be in my local tonight ( again gently weeping into my beer 😞 ) wondering what's going on with the internet connection .

What next Chris ?

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 55 of 103

Hi Anil,

Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing problems. Line test is again failing, has the setup changed in any way since the engineer visit?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 56 of 103

Greetings 🙂 ,

6 th visit by engineer . Explained fully what's been happening . He sat and listened . Informed me that he's going to re - route the connection from rooftop and run it to the side of house and bring it in direct to socket that's inside the house . 

Works completed and he ran a test and was happy with the result . 

So as protocol demands , i left it ' to set for a week  ' and now reporting back on the service . 

It's still tripping out / buffering / losing connection - just as before . It's now 3 months on and i am sure if a test is run on it - ( Chris  or anyone at TalkTalk support can do this and let me know ? ) . So i am now ' running to a standstill ' . 

Suggestion to sort issue out welcome . Thank you.

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 57 of 103
0 Likes

Message 58 of 103

Hi Chris 🙂 ,

Great , fingers crossed this time too . Thank you.

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 59 of 103

Hi Anil

I've just run another line test and it's failed so I've raised this to Openreach as a non-appointed task. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

0 Likes

Message 60 of 103

Hi Anil,

When we arrange an engineer visit we expect them to fix the issue if it's a problem on the Openreach network. If they don't fix the fault then the only option would be to arrange another engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes