cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero 6 Amazon Fire Stick 5GHz issue

JoeBullen
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Hi there,

Has anyone found a fix for getting your Amazon Fire Stick to connect to the 5GHz connection instead of the 2.4GHz connection?

Kind regards,

Joe

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Thanks Michelle.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Hi Joe,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've chased this for an update now.

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 23

Hi @JoeBullen 

The poor WiFi reception is something that I can help a lot with. However, to save confusion, could you start a new thread for that, as it could get confusing using one thread for two different problems? Please @mention me into the new thread.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Hi Michelle,

Have you had any updates yet?

The other issue I am having since I have updated my internet connection and started using this new router is the amount of areas in my house where I lose internet connection.

I never had this issue with my previous connection/router

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Hi Joe,

I'll post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 23

Your problem is rather different to the one in that video. The only way to resolve it is via the fix from Eero that @Michelle-TalkTalk has requested for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 7 of 23

Ah brilliant. That is great news. 

I just tried this but unfortunately it did not work

https://youtu.be/RoOFmxoo57g?si=CoJkzmasiueG4RXx

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 23

Yes, once the fix is applied you should be OK.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Ah ok

and will this help connect my Amazon Fire Stick to 5 GHz instead of 2.4 GHz?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 23

Hi @JoeBullen 

Channel 155 is most likely the issue, most WiFi adapters in devices cannot use this channel. There is a fix for this from Eero that needs to be applied & it looks like @Michelle-TalkTalk already has this in hand.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the additional information and I'll pass this over too.

Michelle

Message 13 of 23

Thanks Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Channel: 155

Control Channel: 149

Channel Bandwidth: 80 MHz

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 23

In the Eero app, under Radio Analytics, what is the 5GHz channel number shown?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Hi Joe,

Thank you. I've asked our Devices Team now and will post back here as soon as I receive a response.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for getting back to me.

My Amazon fire stick does work on the 2.4 GHz signal however it works suboptimally and I keep getting notifications coming up on the Amazon fire stick telling me to use a 5 GHz signal which my router does emit.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hey there.

Thank you for getting back to me. It would appear the problem is to do with my router not allowing me to connect my Amazon Fire Stick to the 5 GHz signal rather than the 2.4 GHz signal.

I know through the Eero app for my router I am able to disable the 5 GHz signal but ideally I need to find a way to be able to disable the 2.4 GHz signal.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 23

Is the Firestick connected to an HDMI socket at the back of the TV? The TV itself can block WiFi signals to a greater or lesser extent, depending on the router's location. It is impossible to predict this, with some diagnostics. It might work better if it was on an HDMI extension cable to get it away from the TV.

Which make/model of router do you have plus which Firestick?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Hi Joe,

Thank you. Can I just ask before I raise this over, does the Fire Stick not work on the 2.4GHz connection?

Michelle

0 Likes