cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection

puregold24carat
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 103 of 103

My connection keeps tripping out / buffering .

Had 3 separate technicians visits and new router.

Works fine for a day and next days keeps tripping out / buffering.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
102 REPLIES 102

Message 21 of 103

Greetings Arne 🙂 ,

That's really nice , thank you 🙂 

Update : 

Just ran a speed test - its under performing ' the guaranteed speed ' !

Just ran a connection too as the same issue keeps on coming back every now and then , this test too failed !

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 103

Hi puregold24carat

As the issue doesn't qualify for auto-compensation we will add a £5 discount for the next 3 months as an apology. 

This will be shown on your next bill.

Regards

Message 23 of 103

Hi Michelle 🙂 ,

The service has been sporadic over the 3 months . Sure its not a complete loss of service but there you have as it's been logged  here for past 3 months . 

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 103

Hi Gliwmaeden2 🙂 ,

It's a new socket provided by BT engineer on his last visit. The fault is from this and not the original socket .

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 103

@puregold24carat, check the details in the auto compensation link.

It's a specific amount for total loss of service faults, after the initial couple of days.

It sounds as though the fault in your case is either the faceplate or your internal wiring, which are not counted as the responsibility of the ISP.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 26 of 103

Apologies for the confusion, our compensation policy for faults is for Total Loss of Service faults only.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 27 of 103

Hi Michelle 🙂 ,

Great . 

So now the issue has been finally resolved , i do receive a credit ( refund ) within the next 30 days . Is this correct ?

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 103

Hi,

Ok, no problem 🙂 The reason that it's a chargeable visit is because Openreach maintain the service up to the test socket so the faceplate and any internal wiring is classed as customer equipment. In regards to compensation, I've included a Help Guide below which has more information on this.

About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 29 of 103

Hi Michelle 🙂

Ah....no need for a visit just for a faceplate. Will leave the wires as they are . 

Is there any refund for not having proper service for past 3 months ?

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 103

Unfortunately we don't provide/stock faceplates. We could arrange a TalkTalk engineer visit to replace the faceplate, however I just need to advise that this would be a chargeable visit.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 31 of 103

Hi Michelle 🙂 ,

I agree the issue is the faceplate .

Rather than fiddling with the setup ( as its working fine ) possible to send a new faceplate ?

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 103

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. It could be that the faceplate may be faulty. You could try re-connecting the faceplate again to see if the connection is still unstable. If it is then it would be ok to keep the router connected at the test socket.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 33 of 103

Hi Michelle 🙂 ,

No i don't have any extension sockets , sorry 😞

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 103

Good morning 🙂

I'm really glad to hear this 🙂 This would suggest a possible issue with either the faceplate or any internal wiring connected to the faceplate. Do you have any extension sockets? 

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 35 of 103

Hi Michelle 🙂 ,

Sorry for late response - wanted to give it some time as had many false dawns . 

The connection - since your recommendation - is holding very well as not seen a red light on the router.So no buffering / tripouts / dropouts  on signal . 

This is good news as it finally brings the 3 month issue to an end . Phew !

Well done Michelle and a big thank you too 🙂

Question : does the socket need a new face covering or do we let the wires ( with micro filter and phone cable ) hang loose ?

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 103

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats and it looks like the connection has started to stabilise since yesterday. How have you found the connection?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 37 of 103

Hi Michelle 🙂 ,

Yes . 

Fingers crossed .

Looking forward to your report tomorrow.

Thank you.

kind regards,

Anil.

Message 38 of 103

Great thank you. Would it be ok to leave it in this set up please and we will re-check your connection stats first thing tomorrow morning to see how the stability compares?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 39 of 103

Hi Michelle 🙂 ,

Removed the faceplate , inserted micro filter and inserted the line to the router and phone - as requested . 

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 40 of 103

Hello,

That's great thank you. The 5C main socket should have a test socket behind the faceplate. Could you try removing the faceplate gently, being careful not to distub any wiring that may be connected to the back of the faceplate, as the test socket should be beneath this in the corner. Could you then connect a microfilter, router and phone (if you're currently using one) at this test socket please.

Michelle