cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection

puregold24carat
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 107 of 107

My connection keeps tripping out / buffering .

Had 3 separate technicians visits and new router.

Works fine for a day and next days keeps tripping out / buffering.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
106 REPLIES 106

Message 81 of 107

Greetings Chris 🙂 ,

Changed the wire from the pole to top of roof but not the length that leads to the main socket.

Said the wire was ' too tight ' and that was causing ' the outages ' . 

Strange as it seems to works in ' spurts or stages ' where it can go a day without any issue but next day its tripping out every couple of hours for a few minutes . Its very annoying ! 

The changing of the wire has not improved the service 😞

kind regards,

Anil.

0 Likes

Message 82 of 107

I can see that there have been some disconnections over the last couple of days, did the last engineer give any explanation for what could be causing the disconnections?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 83 of 107

Reason i say this is because i got a text message to say to visit : talktalk.co.uk/techhelp. Here Sara will help by doing diagnostic checks.

So i logged in here - no sign of Sara in techhelp !

The router is flashing red / white .....as i reach for prozac 😞

Its taken me 15 mins to write above message as the fibre broadband (!) keeps tripping out.......

0 Likes

Message 84 of 107

Hi puregold24carat,

Line test is passing. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

puregold24carat
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 85 of 107

Thank you 🙂 

What happens 'when they reach it ? ' 

0 Likes

Message 86 of 107

I re-escalated your thread, @puregold24carat.

It is now back in the queue for attention. Please wait for staff to reach it again.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

puregold24carat
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 87 of 107

Just got an email from TalkTalk - i seem to have earned a ' Responsive Badge ' ....this is of no use to me as i cannot talk to anyone at TalkTalk ( tad ironic ) to sort my issue out......can anyone help me ?

0 Likes

puregold24carat
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 88 of 107

Greetings 🙂 ,

Have had 5 visits !.Still fails the connection test as i still get the same issue as before - now ongoing for 2 months + ............had a message to ask help from Sara........Sara please help !

0 Likes

Message 89 of 107

Hi puregold24carat

I've removed the telephone number from your post, please can you add this to your Community Profile.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 90 of 107

Greetings Debbie 🙂 ,

I think so - its REMOVED

Whats an FTTP connection ?

Update on broadband connection - its now 'tripping out / dropping / buffering ' for about 30 seconds . This is a vast improvement from a week ago . i reckon the ' Broadband Gods ' are being nice to me - how long it lasts for , who knows !

0 Likes

Message 91 of 107

Hi puregold24carat

Have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile, I'm unable to locate any details?

Is this an FTTP connection?

0 Likes

Message 92 of 107

Hi Michelle 🙂 ,

Personal data uploaded on my profile - as requested.

Don't think its weather related - i hope not as that means a year round issue and will call for change of service provider.

I personally think its a bandwidth issue - as i renewed contract and changed over to fibre broadband thinking it would be faster and stronger ! . It probably is but not got there yet . The changeover of the service to fibre would need someone to ' load ' my number into the system to allow fibre broadband ( this probably has levels too ? ) and been placed on ' the lowest setting ' which is probably the cause of the issue. 3 techs attended and confirmed the issue was ' probably at the exchange ' .In the meantime , i am praying for it not to snow !

0 Likes

Message 93 of 107

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Does it seem to be weather related?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 94 of 107

Greetings Michelle 🙂 ,

The connection seems to be getting better - its tripping out once a day ! This is better than tripping out several times in a day.

The pressure from the Mrs to change service providers has eased too!

Now if only it does not trip out at all - in this technology era - shouldn't too difficult to do , surely ?

0 Likes

Message 95 of 107

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. How has your connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 96 of 107

I understand and appreciate all your assistance . 

So today - all day - no issues !

But tomorrow ?......will let you know.

Wishing you and all : A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 97 of 107

This is just a temporary way to find out if the problem is TalkTalk's responsibility to fix or your own & might also give you a working solution over Christmas.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 98 of 107

Ok.

The current location of the router is about 1 foot above from wall socket and about 1 foot away from wall socket.

Not thought of changing its position but next time it 'trips out ' will move it and see if that makes a difference and will let you know .

Its been fine all day today ( so far ) , lets see how long it stays that way !

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 99 of 107

You have either the 5364 or the 5464 then. What happens if you move the router to the test socket? This is located behind the removable faceplate of the master socket (if you have that design).

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 100 of 107

Correction to above , sorry . I do not know about digital Voice nor do i use it.

0 Likes