cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero router set up

Nikki63
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Hi , Openreach have just completed the final stage of my fibre 150 connection, and checked the connection is live and working . So I need to set up my eero router , it’s plugged in and connected to the box on the wall . The instructions say to wait for a solid white light before setting up in the app , mine is showing a blinking blue light . Is this ok for me to go ahead and set up ? I don’t want too much of an interruption in service as I work at home , so just checking it’s doing what it should before I set it up . Thank you 😊

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Nikki63
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 17

Please disregard , I have been on the phone to technical support and they have resolved it . 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Karl , I’ve just seen an email from Openreach , received at 12.45 saying they had completed the work , and asking me to confirm that it’s working ok . 
Should it be taking this long at your end , and is there anyone who can check it or speed things up at all? My old router is still blank and the eero is still flashing blue .
Think it’s been off for about 3 hours now .
Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Ok thank you 😊

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi

It should not be too long now, Openreach have to complete the order their side, this then triggers what we call a KCI - thats a system instruction from Openreach confirming everything is OK, and this then updates our network systems.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Karl , 

thanks for checking this . 
what does this mean in terms of how long I can expect my connection to be down ? Just a rough idea . Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi

The orders have not completed as yet and your line is not yet showing active on our network system.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Chris , not sure if  should have posted my message below as a reply  to you .. 

is there any update on how long my connection wil be down ? Many thanks 

0 Likes

Nikki63
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 17

Hi again , my WiFi has dropped out, is this to do with completing the order at your end? The internet light on my old router has gone off . If so can you tell me roughly how long it’ll be down ? I work at home so handy to know . Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17
0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Ok thanks , will do 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

You could just wait until the eero light turns solid white but if this doesn't happen in the next few hours just bump the thread and we'll check the status of the order

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Yes of course no problem. 
Shall I wait for confirmation that’s complete at your side ? 
thanks for your help Chris 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Thanks, I don't think the order has fully completed on our side yet, could you try the installation again later today.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

The power light , the PON light and the LAN light are all showing green 

IMG_2437.jpeg
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi Nikki,