cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 35 upload speed very slow

spenserbean1
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 32

Hello, A week ago I realised that my upload speed was very slow and nowhere near the advertised 9Mbps currently it's 2.61Mbps. I used that chat service twice. The first time I was advised to switch off the router for 20mins that didn't work. The second time I was told that my devices were defective. I decided to check and tethered my PC to my mobile phone. I got  48Mbps upload speed same result with my laptop. No problem with download speed which is currently 21.6Mbps although less than advertised I can watch 4K videos. Any advice would be appreciated.

Spenser
0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 1 of 32

Hi @spenserbean1 

No problem 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 32

Hi Debbie

Thank you.

Regards 

Spenser

Message 3 of 32

Hi @spenserbean1 

The replacement router is on its way, this will rule out any faults with your current router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive,

You can connect your router back to usual set up now, thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 32

Hi Michelle, I forgot to ask, go you think this is a router issue?

Spenser
0 Likes

Message 5 of 32

Hi Michelle, Yes please. Can I connect the router back to the socket now?

Thanks

Spenser
0 Likes

Message 6 of 32

Hi @spenserbean1 

Thanks for your reply.

The same fault has been detected on the line tests. Would you like me to send the router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 32

Hi Michelle, thank you for your help so far. I have just connected the router to the test socket and it's now working.

Regards

Spenser
0 Likes

Message 8 of 32

Ok. Would it be possible to connect the router back at the test socket for a short period so we can run the line test again? If it still shows the same fault then we can send a replacement router.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 32

Hi, the router is connected as normal to the socket. I can connect it to the test socket if you would like me to. Unfortunately I do not have an alternative router.

Thanks

Spenser
0 Likes

Message 10 of 32

Hi,

I've run the test again and it's now detecting a potential fault towards the property. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then please let us know and we can send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 32

Hi, The router is switched on and working.

Spenser
0 Likes

Message 12 of 32

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test now which is showing that the line is not currently in sync. Is your router currently switched off?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 32

Hi Michelle

Just had to run the test again as I did not initially check for upload speed. Upload speed remains the same at 2.9Mbps based on the router dashboard.

Thanks

Spenser
0 Likes

Message 14 of 32

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Did the upload speed also improve at the test socket?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 32

Hi Michelle

I assumed you would want me to test the socket so I did. Everything was working normally when I tested it a few minutes ago. I watched the video on how to use your test socket.

Thanks

Spenser
0 Likes

Message 16 of 32

Good morning

I have an NTE 5C socket. From what I have read it does have a test socket. Would you like me to conduct a test?

Thanks

Spenser
0 Likes

Message 17 of 32

Morning,

Ok thanks. Which main socket do you have please?

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 32

Hi Michelle

No problem and thanks for contacting me. No, my main socket does not have a test socket.  I did though log on to my router admin page as suggested by AllyM and below is the reading for "My Internet Connection".

Thanks

My Internet Connection

Status

Connected

Current speeds

Download
24.0 Mbps
Upload
2.9 Mbps

Current Connection time

Online for 06:23:42 day(s)

Spenser
0 Likes

Message 19 of 32

Good morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 32

Hi AllyM

Thank you for your help with this issue. My devices are connected via ethernet cable and the speeds quoted are from the devices. In the past I have used my own router, so am familiar with the router admin page. It's been ages though but I'll check online for a reminder on how it's done and have a look to view the actual synch speed.

I look forward to staff being able to provide some assistance with respect to a line speed test and fault finding. Thanks again.

Spenser
0 Likes