cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 64 connection dropping connection several times a day every day

Fortesmentum
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Since I renewed my fibre 64 contract I have been experiencing a slower download speed and regular drops in the connection daily, every day.  Nothing has changed with hardware, same router, line, etc

Advice welcome please.

Fortes
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Ian

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Fortesmentum
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

Hello Michelle,

thanks for your prompt reply which I very much appreciate.  Yes please could you send out another Saegecom router, or whatever is the latest and most efficient fibre 64 router used by Talk Talk.  It is worth a try.

Regards Ian

Fortes

Message 3 of 11

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've run a test on your line now which is clear, however I can see re-connections on the line. Is there any noise on the voice service? Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

I am sure that TalkTalk via this forum will get it resolved. They will read through your thread before replying to you on here.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hello Keith,  I will of course await any support that is offered.  I am simply relaying to you what has happened in the past with the very same issue:  a merry-go-round of me dismantling my router, checking the inbox cables from downstairs, none of which is the problem, since the error happened literally the day my new contract began.  

Thank you for your assistance

regards

Fortes
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 11

What you are implying is simply not the case at all. You have a fault that needs to be rectified.

The TalkTalk support staff on this forum are all UK-based & they DO NOT work to scripts. Please wait for them to respond, hopefully tomorrow.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hello Keith,

thank you.  In my experience (these daily connection drops happened all through Covid) and a few years beforehand, again when I renewed my contract, technical support usually work to a script based on the idea that there is a hardware fault my end.  I suspect that they have limited "good" slots, and pop you onto one with a new contract, or when there is a huge demand for the Internet, as with Covid and working from home.

I just wish they'd be honest, and acknowledge this.

Fortes
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate this unstable connection for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith

0 Likes

Fortesmentum
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Hello Keith, it just blinks orange when off-line, returning to white steady light once it reconnects - usually less than a minute offline, but very annoying.  I had a stable line for 2 years before this with next to no disconnections at all.  Nothing has changed with hardware.

Fortes
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

hen this happens, what is the exact status of the light on the front of the router (assuming a Sagemcom WiFi Hub)?

Keith

0 Likes