FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 well below minimum speed

AndyB71
Popular Poster
Message 33 of 33

I had faster fibre for the passed 18 months and a couple of weeks ago started to get less than 10 mbps download where minimum  guaranteed is 60mbps.

After hours of checks with technical support and three talk talk engineers to my home plus one BT engineer things were no better.

80mbps is presenting to the router but less than 10 mbps going to the device (WiFi and ethernet). Talk talk  say it is an openreach issue, who say that all is well.

I rang cancellations to establish when the 30 day period they had to remedy would expire so I can leave without penalty, and they suggested a move to Fibre 65 to see if that would resolve the issue. I have given it a try this week and did hold out some hope that a ticket did appear on the service status saying an issue was found. This has now been resolved but unfortunately I still only have less than 10 mbps download but a cracking 18 mbps upload. 

Question is can I just leave now as am within 20 days of the new service?

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 1 of 33

Hi Andy,

Apologies again for the delay. I've now been advised that an issue was identified and resolved by our Network Team.

Thanks

Message 2 of 33

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've not been able to get it confirmed if this has been fully resolved so my manager is also chasing this for an update and I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Message 3 of 33
Hello

Any news on what the Network Team did and if it's a permanent fix?

Thanks

Andy
0 Likes

Message 4 of 33

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update and I'll see if I can find out now if any work has been completed. I'm glad to hear that the speeds have improved 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 33
Hello
Only me again.
Had a call from your Tech Services Complaints Team who left a voicemail saying the issue was the number of devices connected, which is the same message I received from the Chat support team, which contradicts the opinion of the three talk talk engineers that visited my home. They also didn't mention that the network team were working on a fix that you advised. Disappointing they just seem to follow the standard script and not read the full history as you have done.

Anyways, I've done my daily speed check and today I'm getting 42.4 Mbps download and 18.7 Mbps upload over wi-fi, and 74.9 Mbps download and 18.7 Mbps upload, which looks like the issue is resolved?
Could you check with the Network Team if this is a permanent fix please?

Thanks

Andy
0 Likes

Message 6 of 33

Hello,

I've raised a complaint over to our Tech Complaints Team now and have requested that you are contacted as soon as possible.

Thanks

Message 7 of 33
Hello
Yes please.
Hopefully they're a different team to the one you get to via the chat where they just send an engineer.

Appreciate your help with this, you are providing the best updates since I've been trying to sort this out.

Andy

Message 8 of 33

Hi Andy,

Apologies. Would you like me to raise this as a complaint to our Tech Complaints Team and request that they contact you directly?

Thanks

Message 9 of 33
Hello

Can you escalate this please and advise if the Network Team work to a SLA?
I'd like some indication of timescales for a fix, and has it been confirmed this is a talk talk issue or an openreach issue?

Thanks

Andy

Message 10 of 33

Hi Andy,

Apologies, no further updates as yet other than to advise me that they are still working on this and that they will let me know as soon as this is resolved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 33
Any update on a fix?
0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

Hi Andy,

Our team have just come back to me a few minutes ago to advise that they are currently working on a fix for this but this has to be fully tested before they can roll this out. They said they will come back to me ASAP as soon as they know more as to when this should be. I'm really sorry for the delay.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 33
Any update on timescales for a fix as its been a week now?
0 Likes

Message 14 of 33

Hi Andy,

At the moment our Network Team are investigating to find out what is causing this slow speed issue so I couldn't advise where the fault currently lies as I'm not sure at the moment and I will continue to chase this daily for updates until I know more.

If you would like to discuss possibly leaving then I'd recommend contacting our Loyalty Team directly as they would be able to advise further on this.

Thanks

Message 15 of 33
Can you advise if this is with talk talk or openreach please? Just want to check if this issue could follow me to another provider?

Also, can you confirm I can now leave without penalty, as I cannot be provided with the service I am paying for?
0 Likes

Message 16 of 33

Hi Andy,

I've just requested another update from our Network Team now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 33

Hi Andy,

Apologies, not as yet. This is still under investigation with our Network Engineers at the moment and I'm hoping to know more soon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 33
Any update?
0 Likes

Message 19 of 33

Hi,

No problem, I'll hopefully know more by tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 33
Thanks for the update, much appreciated.